Floor liners

jackl4

Can you put a pic up? I was hell bent on getting WT's until I seen this thread and started looking closer online, and to me it seems the Husky X Acts do cover more are, at least in the online pics.

I'm not sure they cover that much more, but they stay where they're put and conform to the rest of the floor extremely well.

post-127122-0-25118500-1413412801_thumb.jpgpost-127122-0-48708300-1413412828_thumb.jpg

post-127122-0-25118500-1413412801_thumb.jpg

post-127122-0-48708300-1413412828_thumb.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I do have the Cocoa interior. I have no pics at the moment but will take some tomorrow.

Not if it is a bother. More important than the picture though, what color is the flooring on your truck? Color of the factory mats?

How do you like the way the black mats look?

Thanks Wicked.

Not if it is a bother. More important than the picture though, what color is the flooring on your truck? Color of the factory mats?

How do you like the way the black mats look?

Thanks Wicked.

It's no bother at all, I'll get some pics and post them for you. My interior is the same as the pic above that DRS 95 Silverado posted.

They would be nice mats IF they stayed in place.

If you get the WeatherTech Laser Cut Floor Liners there isn't any way for them to move around.......they fit the floor well too completely for any movement. Also, the drivers side has molded 'cups' in the liner and round clips that fit over the factory mat locator pins. The clips snap around the pins and then fit into the molded 'cups' in the liners. The Huskies are likely very nice too, have not owned them but they are well reviewed. I like that the WT's are made in the USA from materials sourced in the USA.

T

I'm not sure they cover that much more, but they stay where they're put and conform to the rest of the floor extremely well.

Thank You!

The Huskies are likely very nice too, have not owned them but they are well reviewed. I like that the WT's are made in the USA from materials sourced in the USA.

The Husky's are also USA made correct?

Also the Husky's offer a lifetime warranty, as opposed to WT's 3 year warranty. What to do, What to do?

If you get the WeatherTech Laser Cut Floor Liners there isn't any way for them to move around.......they fit the floor well too completely for any movement. Also, the drivers side has molded 'cups' in the liner and round clips that fit over the factory mat locator pins. The clips snap around the pins and then fit into the molded 'cups' in the liners. The Huskies are likely very nice too, have not owned them but they are well reviewed. I like that the WT's are made in the USA from materials sourced in the USA.

The WT are nice mats and quality made. Had they put the small picks (like Husky) on the bottom to keep them in place they would be so much better. The issue with carpet 'pins' are they are only on the driverside :( I also agree the WT are fit to cut with no room to move but over time as the edge lip starts to roll, they start to move around (the driverside may not with the carpet pins holding them in place)

Hope it's not a mistake, but I will most likely put the WT floor liner in the backseat because I like the coverage they offer.

Husky Weatherbeaters are the best fitting for the 2014-2015 GM's IMO, and they offer more coverage than the X-Act. I have them wall to wall in my truck. I have some bad cell phone pics in my Gallery if you want to take a look. Mine are black, but they also come in tan and gray.

WeatherTech makes great products, but IMO they dropped the ball for the 2014+ liners. Mainly the passenger side front. The drivers side front and full back are nice. They did do an engineering change a few months back where you use some type of carpet screw to hold the passenger side front in place. I haven't seen that in action yet, so there might be some improvement over what they offered last Winter???

I chose Husky Weatherbeaters this time. Check them out before you buy. You can get full back, all the way to the back of the cab, the drivers side front has the same type of connectors that the OEM mats have, and the passenger side front stays put, and fits like a glove.

I chose Husky Weatherbeaters this time. Check them out before you buy. You can get full back, all the way to the back of the cab, the drivers side front has the same type of connectors that the OEM mats have, and the passenger side front stays put, and fits like a glove.

Guess I'll be looking closer at the Husky full rear mat now that I know they make a full mat like WT does. One of them will be on my XMAS list this year :)

Guess I'll be looking closer at the Husky full rear mat now that I know they make a full mat like WT does. One of them will be on my XMAS list this year :)

They sell the two separate fronts and partial rear as a kit, but to get the full rear you have to buy that separate from the fronts. I also bought the hump guard for mine.

Check out Husky's site. Enter your model truck and year, and it will show you the options. I bought the two fronts, full rear, and the hump guard. The husky X-act are nice, could possibly get the X-act for the front, and the full Weatherbeater, or full WeatherTech for the rear?

Here is the Husky Weatherbeater rear for Crew Cab. Notice the Front and 2nd row Combo doesn't have full coverage of the rear, just the foot area. The separate 2nd Seat Floor Liner goes all the way to the back of the cab.

http://www.huskyliners.com/product-detail/?category=17

ex_q100_w405_h365_images_ePIM_original_7

ex_q100_w405_h365_images_ePIM_original_7

Here is another company I have no experience with, that offers a lower cost full rear alternative, only in black. They have a Lifetime Warranty, but I suspect they may not be Made In USA like Husky and WeatherTech??? Could be wrong? It does look like they have the fit right by looking at the pictures. The front more so than the back.

http://maxliner-usa.com/gmc/sierra/2014/maxfloormat/crew-cab/maxliner-maxfloormat-floor-mats-for-gmc-sierra-crew-cab-2014-2015

A0136_B0136.jpg

Just installed the Husky X Acts and couldn't be happier. I've had the Weathertechs and they don't hold a candle to the Huskys.

Can't hold a candle? I mean I understand people have their preferred brands, but that's a rather bold statement. They're nearly identical, except WT's seem to cover more area. I can personally attest to 7 year old WT's looking like the day I got them every time I cleaned them. I've never had any issues with them shifting around both on my 2007 or my 2014.

Can you put a pic up? I was hell bent on getting WT's until I seen this thread and started looking closer online, and to me it seems the Husky X Acts do cover more are, at least in the online pics.

From what I can see online, it looks like you get more floor coverage with Weather Techs.

WT's for a crew cab: http://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet/2014/silverado/floorliner-digitalfit/bodystyle/crew-cab/4x4-manual-floor-shifter/no/truck-class/1500/1st-row-seating/bench/

Husky's for a crew cab: http://www.huskyliners.com/product-detail/?category=24

Look at the back seat liner. The Husky's apper to just cover where your feet go, but the WT's cover the entire back seat area. WT's also have an "over the hump" option for the front if you have bench seats like me. It's one continuous liner from driver side to passenger side.

My last truck was a 2007 Silverado XT Cab. I had not seen WT floormats before, but my dealer had a set in a truck in his showroom. The mats fit perfectly, and I was sold, so I ordered a set for my new truck which was yet to arrive.

I picked up my new 2014 DBL Cab recently, and was fully expecting to put a set of WT mats in. My new truck has the Cocoa Dune interior, and luckily my dealer had a set of black and a set of tan WT mats, in stock. I took both sets out to the truck, and first off, I was very disappointed with the fit. I was only interested in the fronts, as I rarely have anyone in back, and the factory ones are fine for me. Anyway, both the tan and the black were a terrible fit. Not even close to the ones that were in my 2007. The tan colour IMHO does not look good at all in the CD interior. The tan is not a good match at all for the factory interior colour.

That being said, I didn't think the black looked all that bad, as far as colour, so I've decided I'm going to go with black Husky's. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards the Xact fit style. I won't be using my truck all that much in the bad weather, where I will be climbing in and out a lot, so I shouldn't be tracking in a lot of crap from outside, where I need max coverage.

I would appreciate any opinions or comments on the pros and cons of the Xact fit vs the Husky Weatherbeaters. I haven't actually been able to see either style, so I'm pretty much going on what others have to say.

My last truck was a 2007 Silverado XT Cab. I had not seen WT floormats before, but my dealer had a set in a truck in his showroom. The mats fit perfectly, and I was sold, so I ordered a set for my new truck which was yet to arrive.

I picked up my new 2014 DBL Cab recently, and was fully expecting to put a set of WT mats in. My new truck has the Cocoa Dune interior, and luckily my dealer had a set of black and a set of tan WT mats, in stock. I took both sets out to the truck, and first off, I was very disappointed with the fit. I was only interested in the fronts, as I rarely have anyone in back, and the factory ones are fine for me. Anyway, both the tan and the black were a terrible fit. Not even close to the ones that were in my 2007. The tan colour IMHO does not look good at all in the CD interior. The tan is not a good match at all for the factory interior colour.

That being said, I didn't think the black looked all that bad, as far as colour, so I've decided I'm going to go with black Husky's. I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards the Xact fit style. I won't be using my truck all that much in the bad weather, where I will be climbing in and out a lot, so I shouldn't be tracking in a lot of crap from outside, where I need max coverage.

I would appreciate any opinions or comments on the pros and cons of the Xact fit vs the Husky Weatherbeaters. I haven't actually been able to see either style, so I'm pretty much going on what others have to say.

If the WT's didn't fit I'd argue they're the wrong model liners for the truck. Everything is laser measured to fit perfect. So there's only 3 reasons they wouldn't fit:

1) It's the wrong model number WT floor liner

2) GM builds trucks with inconsistent dimensions

3) WT builds liners with inconsistent dimensions

#1 is the only scenario that seems possible to me. Of course I'm sure there are a ton of jokes to make about scenario #2 haha. But my WT's fit perfect....as if the liquid rubber was poured into the truck and dried on the floor.

Archived