Floor liners

jackl4

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this morning I ordered the husky weatherbeaters for my 14 doublecab after a week of research on both liners. Just found this thread after ordering and glad to see I made the right decision. I have the huskys in my focus st and their fitment in my car was the main reason i bought them for the truck. They look and fit perfect and provide more coverage that the WT's.

Cant wait for them to come in now!

I ordered the Husky weatherbeaters yesterday for my truck and the wife's car. I was holding off thinking they might make a brown for the cocoa interior but I can't wait with winter coming, so black it is!

I dropped by the dealer yesterday to see what the GMC brown all weather mats looked like in a cocoa interior truck. The brown color looks very rich with the cocoa carpet. Obviously it doesn't have much coverage. Why aftermarket mat companies aren't offering brown in their color lineup is beyond me.

I got to thinking about a comment earlier in this thread (maybe another, I can't remember) about how these all coverage mats reminded him of the vinyl interiors of yesteryear. Then it reminded me of grandma's plastic covered sofa in her living room. What's the point in even having a nice sofa if you can't enjoy it?

I am always thinking about maximizing resale value but I don't want to dress my truck in condoms to do so. I want to enjoy the thing. I like the rich brown color. Besides, I have factory Ford all weather mats in my truck now (7 years old). It's been through a lot of mud with our dirt biking/racing. I cleaned the heck out of the carpet getting it ready for appraisal and it came out looking like new.

So, it's dark brown GMC mats for me.

I got to thinking about a comment earlier in this thread (maybe another, I can't remember) about how these all coverage mats reminded him of the vinyl interiors of yesteryear. Then it reminded me of grandma's plastic covered sofa in her living room. What's the point in even having a nice sofa if you can't enjoy it?

I thought about this as well. But I live in Canada where we get a good 6 months of winter. With all the sand, salt, and snow that they throw on the roads, I think I am going with the husky x-act mats for the winter. I may consider purchasing the factory gmc rubber mats for summer when it's just dry sand I have to clean out.

I dropped by the dealer yesterday to see what the GMC brown all weather mats looked like in a cocoa interior truck. The brown color looks very rich with the cocoa carpet. Obviously it doesn't have much coverage. Why aftermarket mat companies aren't offering brown in their color lineup is beyond me.

I am always thinking about maximizing resale value but I don't want to dress my truck in condoms to do so. I want to enjoy the thing. I like the rich brown color. Besides, I have factory Ford all weather mats in my truck now (7 years old). It's been through a lot of mud with our dirt biking/racing. I cleaned the heck out of the carpet getting it ready for appraisal and it came out looking like new.

So, it's dark brown GMC mats for me.

I understand this point but people like their trucks to be different things. I drive a truck because I want a vehicle that can be rugged and dirty when it needs to be and I don't have to worry about messing up the pristine interior. If I wanted more luxury I'd get a car or an SUV. I personally prefer the utilitarian look of the floors being covered in vinyl liners. It's nice to hop in with muddy or snowy shoes and not worry about where your feet are and how dirty the floor is getting. I keep the original mats just in case I want to convert it back or sell them with the truck later, but I don't look at floor liners as covering the truck up like plastic on a sofa. I look at the liners as the actual finished look I'm going for.

Installed my Husky
X-act fit liners this morning (fronts only, rear is paycheck pending). Simple to install, lay totally flat. My only gripe is that both mat's have little rubber spikes to hold it firmly in place, however they did not put the spikes everywhere, but rather just on the base floor covering.

For the price I paid for these mats, I would have paid a dollar more to have 100% spike coverage.

Archived