2014 sierra reg cab rear speakers

I was thinking the same and somewhat disappointed in the rear speakers. What is the difference with the WT1 (six speakers) to the WT2 (four speakers) on 2014. Where are the other two speakers located? I guess the LT model has the six speakers.

I was thinking the same and somewhat disappointed in the rear speakers. What is the difference with the WT1 (six speakers) to the WT2 (four speakers) on 2014. Where are the other two speakers located? I guess the LT model has the six speakers.

I dont know about the lt. But I have a 14' Regular Cab Sierra Sle,and mine has 6 speakers. 1 on each door.2 on the dashboard. And 2 in the rear. The ones on the rear suck,I can't hear them at all

• 5 weeks later...

We need to get together with other reg cab owners and complain to GMC about the rear speakers. I also hate that the seats are the same as in other models with 4 doors. They do not allow the seat back to fold forward to gain access to the jack. And why would we need storage pockets behind the seats? WRANT,WRANT !!!!

Alright I'll chime in here, speaker packages go by RPO not by trim, I'm sure different trims come with different RPO's though. My 2014 Sierra Reg cab/short WT2 came with UQ5 which is .. one tier higher than the UQ3 package (which is a base radio/door speaker setup I believe), UQ5 is 4-speaker with two door and two rear. Yes the rear are extremely quiet and unruly, quite useless. The UQA is the Bose package.

With this out of the way, the door panels have like 3 or 4 screws total behind hidden trim caps, all are 10mm, and the corner triangle piece, which prys out CAREFULLY or you will break the clips. From there, all you need to do is pry the door panel off with a plastic trim-removal stick or something plastic and non-scarring on the door paint. It'll be loud but the panel will pop off. Stock sizes for doors are 6x9, but can be adapted to 6 1/4 all the way to 6 3/4 with brackets. Crutchfield would be my supplier for this.

The rear speakers are far more difficult, you do not need to pull the seats to do it, but it may be easier. Both pillars have an airbag, make sure you disconnect the battery and wait at least two minutes for the capacitors to discharge before taking the trim loose (I must say this). The trim is very difficult to get out, once again grab your plastic trim stick and start going to town from the bottom up, lots of clips and near the top is also two 7mm? screws. The rear speakers are 4x6, but can be adapted to 3 1/2 or 4".

The dash speakers are 2" tweeters I believe, my truck does not have them and I haven't torn into the dash of a 14 or 15 yet that has them, I do know that to get to them, all you do is pull the A pillar trim off, which either prys off or has an 8mm screw behind the airbag logo if it has a removable one. Then you just pry the dash gently up with your trusty plastic trim removal tool, start near the speakers or center of that piece and work your way out/in. Be VERY gentle, this piece is not cheap.

Round speaker cones will inherently sound better than any oval shape, so try to adapt if you can. A good pair with replacing the front and rear speakers would be to pickup an Alpine Power Pack 4-ch in-dash amp. It wires in-line with your existing radio/speaker channels and fits up in the dash, it is the perfect wattage for 95% of aftermarket component systems.

The rear speakers are probably intentionally quiet due to the nature of a 4x6 being a small form speaker. Pair that with the fact they are right next to your head. Either way, swapping it all out and amplifying it will solve this problem. Keep in mind not to hack your factory speaker harness apart at the speaker mounting locations due to it all being part of one large harness and not independent, run new wires.

• Like 1

Not sure if mine is 4 or 6 but this is the most disappointing thing about the truck. The sound is really lacking and from what civerus said u risk breaking tabs and causing rattles if you want to replace them. Almost as if gm doesn't want u touching them

Not sure if mine is 4 or 6 but this is the most disappointing thing about the truck. The sound is really lacking and from what civerus said u risk breaking tabs and causing rattles if you want to replace them. Almost as if gm doesn't want u touching them

I kinda agree with what you are saying with the rear speakers.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Generally rear speakers in a situation like this are just for the sound stage and as such are significantly lower in volume. If you don't think they are doing anything adjust your fader to full front for awhile, you will notice a difference. I will say that if you pull a high signal from the rears to power an amp be prepared to get something that will adjust the gain. I tried running them straight into my amp on the high input and was getting very low volume just like the rears, I threw a Kicker KX2 active crossover on mine that has adjustable gain and was able to dial the gain up before going to the sub and it made a huge difference. I think my main complaint on the RC stereo is the overall volume doesn't get as loud as I had hoped. A 4-channel class D amp might be in the near future as I had good luck using one on my Tahoe to bring the levels up.

Generally rear speakers in a situation like this are just for the sound stage and as such are significantly lower in volume. If you don't think they are doing anything adjust your fader to full front for awhile, you will notice a difference. I will say that if you pull a high signal from the rears to power an amp be prepared to get something that will adjust the gain. I tried running them straight into my amp on the high input and was getting very low volume just like the rears, I threw a Kicker KX2 active crossover on mine that has adjustable gain and was able to dial the gain up before going to the sub and it made a huge difference. I think my main complaint on the RC stereo is the overall volume doesn't get as loud as I had hoped. A 4-channel class D amp might be in the near future as I had good luck using one on my Tahoe to bring the levels up.

So are you saying a Crew Cab radio would be louder?

RT

Alright I'll chime in here, speaker packages go by RPO not by trim, I'm sure different trims come with different RPO's though. My 2014 Sierra Reg cab/short WT2 came with UQ5 which is .. one tier higher than the UQ3 package (which is a base radio/door speaker setup I believe), UQ5 is 4-speaker with two door and two rear. Yes the rear are extremely quiet and unruly, quite useless. The UQA is the Bose package.

UQ5 is the base speaker setup (4 speaker) on regular cab. UQ3 is the 6 speaker setup. 2WT is a Chevy trim. Sierra are Sierra (base) and SLE for regular cab.