Adding turn signals to 2015+ HD tow mirrors

How about the white LED light on the face of the mirror. It's suppose to come on when You turn on the cargo light. Curious to know if it works with your modification? Great job. You would think a multi billion dollar company like gm would've figured this out!

GM probably does have it figured out, the only problem for them is it cuts ever so slightly into their profits so they say nay. Just like under hood lighting or footwell lighting to activate with the dome lights. Both are things that my 2002 Yukon XL Denali had. But my $50K SLT Sierra? Nah, that would've made way too much sense for GM to put that in for us.

:rant:

Back to the beginning of your post, what are you looking to make the white LEDs do? If you are just asking if the white LEDs still work properly when you have one of these boards wired in then yes the white LEDs would still work since you don't touch them with this mod

• Like 1

I connected my LED lights to come on with the back-up lights. After all, their purpose is to allow visibility down the sides of a trailer when backing up...

It is just a simple jumper wire in the BCM to make cargo and reverse lights come on together...I'll be doing that too.

Edited by austingta

I connected my LED lights to come on with the back-up lights. After all, their purpose is to allow visibility down the sides of a trailer when backing up...

It is just a simple jumper wire in the BCM to make cargo and reverse lights come on together...I'll be doing that too.

Any update on when you're going to let a couple harnesses go? I love my mirrors by think that your harness would complete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any update on when you're going to let a couple harnesses go? I love my mirrors by think that your harness would complete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not the harness-maker.

GM probably does have it figured out, the only problem for them is it cuts ever so slightly into their profits so they say nay. Just like under hood lighting or footwell lighting to activate with the dome lights. Both are things that my 2002 Yukon XL Denali had. But my $50K SLT Sierra? Nah, that would've made way too much sense for GM to put that in for us.

:rant:

Back to the beginning of your post, what are you looking to make the white LEDs do? If you are just asking if the white LEDs still work properly when you have one of these boards wired in then yes the white LEDs would still work since you don't touch them with this mod

I want them to work like they are suppose to. They are suppose to come on when the cargo light toggle is activated. Also. I just installed these today and my check engine light is coming in. Any ideas why it suggestions

Hey Everyone,

I'm still working on what I need to do to make these available to those who have expressed interest in them.

There are some non-technical challenges that need to be overcome, some of those being where/how I can sell them and whether I am able to source a supplier of one item in order to make these available in plug-and-play form, which is what everyone wants. Yes, I know I can just accept Paypal, but it's more complicated than that and I'll just leave it at that. And, if I can find a cable assembly supplier for a small run of part of what makes these a great thing to have, everyone will be happier about it, price and effort-wise.

I do have a small batch of boards (some of them in the previous photos posted) that I have assembled and tested but they aren't quite completed yet.

Anyway, once I have those issues ironed out, I will let everyone know. There are a number of people who are excited about these, and I understand that, but they are simply on the verge of not-commercially-viable, so just hold tight because I'm trying to make them that way on some level that's sustainable. Seriously, they dim a light and they're going to cost >$75 for a set at this point in time. Most people would think that's insane to pay that for what they do. I didn't, and I'm glad you don't, but I'm trying to make these as cost-effective as I reasonably can.

@Duramaxxx: I think there's an temperature sensor in the passenger mirror that's used in the diesel trucks as a signal to the engine computer for information regarding ambient temperature. You may have an issue with the sensor, or with the plug on the mirror harness or something along those lines that is causing your CEL. There are other threads on here about that you may be able to find; I don't have any of them off the top of my head.

• Like 4

Hey Everyone,

I'm still working on what I need to do to make these available to those who have expressed interest in them.

There are some non-technical challenges that need to be overcome, some of those being where/how I can sell them and whether I am able to source a supplier of one item in order to make these available in plug-and-play form, which is what everyone wants. Yes, I know I can just accept Paypal, but it's more complicated than that and I'll just leave it at that. And, if I can find a cable assembly supplier for a small run of part of what makes these a great thing to have, everyone will be happier about it, price and effort-wise.

I do have a small batch of boards (some of them in the previous photos posted) that I have assembled and tested but they aren't quite completed yet.

Anyway, once I have those issues ironed out, I will let everyone know. There are a number of people who are excited about these, and I understand that, but they are simply on the verge of not-commercially-viable, so just hold tight because I'm trying to make them that way on some level that's sustainable. Seriously, they dim a light and they're going to cost >$75 for a set at this point in time. Most people would think that's insane to pay that for what they do. I didn't, and I'm glad you don't, but I'm trying to make these as cost-effective as I reasonably can.

@Duramaxxx: I think there's an temperature sensor in the passenger mirror that's used in the diesel trucks as a signal to the engine computer for information regarding ambient temperature. You may have an issue with the sensor, or with the plug on the mirror harness or something along those lines that is causing your CEL. There are other threads on here about that you may be able to find; I don't have any of them off the top of my head.

1st one!!! Send me your PayPal address and you will have the money. Take your time, I'm in no rush.

Cliff

1st one!!! Send me your PayPal address and you will have the money. Take your time, I'm in no rush.

Cliff

And then there are some of us who have been patiently waiting in line (since post #16 on Jan 6)... now is it a race to see who can jump the line ?

Edited by mefly2

I would definitely be interested in a set also, please. As others have stated GM should have done this already. I had a couple questions for you Phydiux, do are the plug and play designed to plug in at? Behind door cover, or somewhere in mirror - only asking because I haven't taken door/mirror apart to see where harness is. Also not sure is anyone else has noticed how bright the turn signals are in the mirror, but is there anyway that you could program/dim them down a little with this mod. To me the turn signals are a little distractingly bright from the front seat at night. Not sure what all could be programmed thru the micro processer you speak of. I am not a programmer or anything.

If you can get the production of these going, you can look forward to sitting on the beach somewhere with little umbrella drinks in hand. :cheers:

And then there are some of us who have been patiently waiting in line (since post #16 on Jan 6)... now is it a race to see who can jump the line ?

Why don't you look back at the first post and see that I expressed interest way before that.