Bilstein shocks thread

What is this crazy deal?

Buy 4 get 1 free! Basically you get one rear shock free, $75 mail in rebate.

Front's are $105ea. and the rears are $75each so they are slightly cheaper than the 5100's to start and a great deal after the rebate.

The deal is only good for this month, better jump on the deal before it's over!!

I just seen it on their website last week when I was comparing shocks, jumped on it right when I seen it.

I called and talked to Pro Comp, they offer a 90 day ride guarantee with 100% money back as well so you can't go wrong and they said that they are pretty much the same to the 5100's.

Is it on Pro Comps site, or somewhere else? I'll do some reading. I was planning on waiting out the 5100s, as I'm not in a huge hurry...but if they get good reviews, that might change.

• Like 1

Is it on Pro Comps site, or somewhere else? I'll do some reading. I was planning on waiting out the 5100s, as I'm not in a huge hurry...but if they get good reviews, that might change.

Yes, the rebate form is on ProComp's website along with some information.

Fronts - ZX2108

Rears - ZX2020

The rears are the same part number as the last gen trucks for 2014+ non NHT trucks.

Yes, the rebate form is on ProComp's website along with some information.

Fronts - ZX2108

Rears - ZX2020

The rears are the same part number as the last gen trucks for 2014+ non NHT trucks.

If my Bilsteins are here by the end of July I'm gonna look into these.

I've got a total of 130 miles on this truck (15 CC Sierra 4x4), so I'm not too unhappy with the stock z71 Ranchos, at least not yet. Trying to decide on a 2 to 2 1/2" lift/ leveling or ride-height adjustable shocks on the front.

The ProComp for the front #ZX2108 has 2 settings, with the top one at 2" lift, and has a diameter of 51mm and is in stock at several places for $105 each. The Bilstein 5100 for the front #24-238304) have 3 (maybe 4) settings, with the highest providing about 1.9" of lift, and has a diameter of 46mm, and is backordered nationwide, but Summit lists them at $90/ each.

Anyone have the ProCOmps actually installed and care to give a review? I've had several sets of the 5100s on a couple of Tundras, and the members on here basically all give them a thumbs up, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

I've got a total of 130 miles on this truck (15 CC Sierra 4x4), so I'm not too unhappy with the stock z71 Ranchos, at least not yet. Trying to decide on a 2 to 2 1/2" lift/ leveling or ride-height adjustable shocks on the front.

The ProComp for the front #ZX2108 has 2 settings, with the top one at 2" lift, and has a diameter of 51mm and is in stock at several places for $105 each. The Bilstein 5100 for the front #24-238304) have 3 (maybe 4) settings, with the highest providing about 1.9" of lift, and has a diameter of 46mm, and is backordered nationwide, but Summit lists them at $90/ each.

Anyone have the ProCOmps actually installed and care to give a review? I've had several sets of the 5100s on a couple of Tundras, and the members on here basically all give them a thumbs up, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

I just posted a review of the pro comp shocks that I just installed in another thread, unfortunately I have only installed the rears but will get to the fronts soon.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174439-pro-comp-pro-runner-ss-shocks-installed-review/

Edited by nando87

I just posted a review of the pro comp shocks that I just installed in another thread, unfortunately I have only installed the rears but will get to the fronts soon.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174439-pro-comp-pro-runner-ss-shocks-installed-review/

Thanks for the heads up. Now hurry up and get teh fronts on!!! Please make sure to measure the before and after front wheel well height.

I ordered 5100s in early may...still nada. Rears went on easy

I ordered mine Mid-June, the website said expected ship out date of 6/24. I contacted them over the weekend and apparently Bilstein just isn't making them, or they are flying off the shelves because my ship out date was pushed back to 7/31.

If it gets pushed back again I might look at the Pro Comps, although I really want to keep a bit of rake on my truck since I do throw stuff back in there occasionally.

• Like 1

I ordered mine Mid-June, the website said expected ship out date of 6/24. I contacted them over the weekend and apparently Bilstein just isn't making them, or they are flying off the shelves because my ship out date was pushed back to 7/31.

If it gets pushed back again I might look at the Pro Comps, although I really want to keep a bit of rake on my truck since I do throw stuff back in there occasionally.

I contacted ProCOmp and was told that the two settings on the front were 1) factory heighth and 2) 1.75" lift. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order them. My local shop (4Wheel Parts) said they could get them ($189) and install them ($153) with no alignment, for a grand total of $366.72, including $17 in tax and $8 in supplies. Is that a decent enough deal?

Not going to have them do an alignment since I'll have it done at Firestone and bite the bullet and get the lifetime alignment package.

Edited by ncorry