Bilstein shocks thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 10:21 AM, XXXII said:

Here is a quick video I made going over my impressions of the 5100s and a few install tips.

Well done narrative, thank you for your thoughtful input!
Kudos!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to do the shock upgrade.  Are people finding that the parts you have to re-use are ok?  I'm talking about the Spring Insulator - GM (15808594), the Front Spring Upper Seat - GM (15803177), and the Suspension Strut Bumper - GM (22830628).  If people are finding that these need to be replaced, I'd rather have them in advance than have to order or hunt them down. Thanks

• 11 months later...

WOW, almost 1 year and no post... well I have my 5100"s for all four corners and will get then installed this week. I am just torn between the top notch and 1 notch lower for my 18 Crew 4X4 with 6' bed.

Any side shots out there to help me with my decision?

• 1 month later...

Has any  body installed 6112's at the lowest setting, for stock hight on a 2018 Crew cab 1500 Z71?    I cant seem to find anybody that has.  I was told they will give the best ride of bilsteins available.  But I want to ensure I end up with. the same factory ride hight, as they come with their own springs. 

My truck wont go off road, but I do commute on some poor condition, paved "county" roads.    

I do not want to change the stock ride height.  I like the original raked look and function.  

Thanks!