'14 Leftover - Should I stay away? How much in rebates should I ex

Well, I've moved beyond seeking out used trucks and I'm now cross shopping '15 Silverado's and F150. '14 F150s are out of the question, I did like the 15. But a '14 Silverado is enticing. I may be taking a gamble on the issues it could have. But that's what a warranty is for and the lemon law here in Mass. I know every truck no matter the brand will have issues. So I'm not worried there. I just want a good deal on a nice truck.

So my question is...how much at a minimum should I expect in rebates?

Currently I have $9k off a 2015 F150 XLT Crew with a strong trade. The '15 SIlverado has about $7k in rebates, they're not as strong on the trade and the truck is about $3k msrp cheaper ($45,500). End result, OTD cost is within a $1k of each other. Now I'm considering the '14s.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would avoid any early build 14s. Just personal experience talking. If you go with a 14, get a later build date. 14 also has no Wi-Fi like stated above. I also like the 15s tilt angle display in the DIC.

If you care at all, the '14's don't have WiFi built in to the truck. Other than that the 14s and 15s are relatively the same (I know some 15s have different grilles). Go with what you think is the best bang for your buck

Really,

If you want the best bang for your buck, buy a Tundra, a bit dated.... but way better quality, much higher resale, lower initial cost, higher "American content" than any of the big 3 and the best part...you will soon forget who you bought it from because you will never need to go back except for the free maintenance.

Why play Russian Roulett???

Ask me how I know :-(

Really,

If you want the best bang for your buck, buy a Tundra, a bit dated.... but way better quality, much higher resale, lower initial cost, higher "American content" than any of the big 3 and the best part...you will soon forget who you bought it from because you will never need to go back except for the free maintenance.

Why play Russian Roulett???

Ask me how I know :-(

And way over priced for the same thing. You pick and choose your battles is all I say. Not saying tundra isn't a good truck, everyone thst is know that owns them love them, but depending on the trim package, you could get a 2500 diesel for the same price as a top of the line Tundra

2014 vs 2015

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 1500

Deletions

(G56) Blue Granite Metallic

(GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic

New Features

Next Gen OnStar (UE1) including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity. Note Next Gen OnStar drives a slightly larger exterior antenna. Antenna is body color for 1500 High Country & HD High Country. Molded in black for other Silverado applications

(DQS) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, memory equipped, upper glass, power-folding and manual extending, chrome. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of Auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp

(CGN) Spray-on Bed Liner now standard on all High Country models. Includes Chevrolet Bowtie logo on front bed wall

(CGN) Spray-on Bed Liner now available optionally on most Silverado (non-High Country) models & cabs. Includes Chevrolet Bowtie logo on front bed wall

Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for all Z71 models

USB Jack in glovebox of trucks with AZ3 bench seat

Silverado Rally Edition. (GE3) Rally 1 Includes Body color grille surround with black mesh, Black Bow Ties, gloss black door handles and mirror caps, rally stripes on hood and tailgate. (PEC) Rally 2 includes All Star Edition content, content of Rally 1 (above) and 22' gloss black wheels, and 4" black tubular assist steps. Available in Black, Red, Silver, White, and Deep Ruby

(G1K) Deep Ocean Blue Metallic: available on all Silverado

(G7J) Rain Forest Green Metallic available on Silverado (previously available as promo color)

Changes

(IO5, IO6) 8 inch radios now available on LT Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 & IO4)

(UVC) Rear Camera now included with (PCM) Silverado WT Convenience Package

Body color door handles, mirror caps, and body side moldings on LT trim. Chrome belt molding on LTZ & High Country trim

(VLQ) Chrome Tow Hooks become factory installed option on Silverado 1500 (VLQ)

Cluster "tick marks" change from white to blue

HD radio feature removed from all radios

Hill Start Assist hold time increased to 3 seconds (from 1.5 seconds)

2WT now LS

17" wheels now standard on 1LT All Star Edition, or available 18", 20" or 22" wheels

Z71 grille painted argent mesh with chrome surround and chrome horizontal bars

(L86) 6.2L V8 to become available in early Q4 (not available at start of 2015 MY production)

E85 capability on 4.3L (LV3) engine or 5.3L (L83) engine with RPO (FHS)

I had a tundra and as the saying goes "would pass everything but a gas station". I bought my 14 silverado in Jan 2014. So, I'm guessing it was one of early builds and so far so good, knock on wood. Should be some good discounts on 14's, IF you can find one equipped the way you desire.

Tundra's are over priced, new & used, like all Toyota's and take way to much gas to go down the road.

Is the Silverado and LT or LTZ? If it matters to you the LT's got paint colored mirror caps and door handles for '15 they 14's have black plastic instead.

Just remember that when you trade it back in a '14 be '1 year older' than a '15 -- and priced accordingly.

(although you could still end up with a lower total cost of ownership)

You should start seeing real good deals on 15s. I save 12K on my 14, 13 months ago my son saved 14 K two months ago on a 14. If he'd had ask me I would have told him go for a 15. Too much time has passed to come out on a 14 unless your going to keep it awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived