6.2 E85 Conversion

Has anyone tried this on the trucks yet? There's a few threads on corvetteforum.com about the conversion on the C7's. I live in the Dakota's and believe running E85 would be cheaper vs 91. Also a couple vette guys have reported between 20-40rwhp gains. Under my '15 6.2 the plug for the sensor is there. One guy on the vette forum completed a swap on his truck with success. I think with the help of some advise from some vette tuners he did his own programming.

My only concern is finding someone who would activate the E85 tables in the PCM that's used to the trucks. I don't want it running on the ragged edge as I pull with my truck. Also heard some concern on cold weather tuning and E70.

The tables are there. I doubt they've been tuned to be "correct" though. I can't see GM spending much money having the powertrain guys do all the calibrations in tables that aren't to be used.

From what I've read the tables are there since the 5.3's have flex capability. Heck the plug is even there for the sensor down on the frame. It just sounds like the info needs to be entered into the tables, the codes for the sensor turned on, and enable it. Before a tune, sounds like if you plug in the sensor, the ECM starts reading content.

Since I Upgraded my double cab to a crew cab 2015 my previous had flex fuel my idìot self did not check since I was overwhelmed with all the bells and whistles and I was under the assumption that they all came with it but I was pretty disappointed when I found a "BLACK CAP" on my first fill up.

My guess would be that much more HP in a pickup. Maybe GM is saving it for when the compation steps up in the HP game. I dunno same thing in the vette forums, they believe gm doesn't want the c7's faster than the Z06's.

I think they were talking last gen. Anyways who knows but I hope somebody can get this going. I would but don't have any good tuners near me that I'd trust. I had emailed Justin at black bear and he said he'd be interested in tuning it but sounds like he wants one in hand to do.

I'd be interested to know if the sensor is already in place in my 15' 5.3L, and can just be tuned to accept. I bought the truck and realized after the fact is not e85. Just assumed all the 5.3's were just like the '14 models.

I'd be interested to know if the sensor is already in place in my 15' 5.3L, and can just be tuned to accept. I bought the truck and realized after the fact is not e85. Just assumed all the 5.3's were just like the '14 models.

I'm on the same boat as u hoe there is a solution

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine it would not be equipped with the sensor. However someone I've heard said the '14-'15 non flex fuels have the same programming as '13 and older where it adjusts by the o2's after a fill up. Don't go throwing e85 in until that is confirmed.

Check under your truck. Mine had a vacant plug on the inside left frame rail near the transmission. That's where the sensor goes. For you it would be easy to copy GM's ethanol stuff and slap it in your tune and just plug the sensor in.

Check under your truck. Mine had a vacant plug on the inside left frame rail near the transmission. That's where the sensor goes. For you it would be easy to copy GM's ethanol stuff and slap it in your tune and just plug the sensor in.

I'll have to check if it ever stops raining

I'd bet that for the '15's, the sensor isn't installed unless FHS is ordered on the 5.3.

Archived