MPG: 6.2 with 8 speed

What octane do you use?

I use 93. I also just realized this may be pretty important to your question so I added this to my original post: "EDIT: I should also add that I use the remote start everyday. The truck is usually idling for 5-10 minutes before I get in and start going so my average might be a tad lower than it could be."

DIC has me at 16.3 from the first day I got it ( Jan 2nd ), 1700 miles so far. My current tank is at 19.3. I hand calc'd the first few tanks and DIC was within about .2mpg so should be pretty accurate.

We are neighbors!

Oh, me too!

Cinco Ranch. I just put Houston, because I figure most people on a nationwide forum won't know where Katy is.

DIC has me at 16.3 from the first day I got it ( Jan 2nd ), 1700 miles so far. My current tank is at 19.3. I hand calc'd the first few tanks and DIC was within about .2mpg so should be pretty accurate.

Nice looking truck you have there.... I have a Sonoma Red Denali on order. I notice you have a cat back exhaust from Gibson in your sig. How does that sound in V4 mode? Or do you have that disabled in the tune?

Nice looking truck you have there.... I have a Sonoma Red Denali on order. I notice you have a cat back exhaust from Gibson in your sig. How does that sound in V4 mode? Or do you have that disabled in the tune?

Thanks. I bought it site unseen. They did a dealer trade from eastern Wisconsin.

I really like the Gibson exhaust, all stainless and very reasonably priced, I had the single catback on my old truck and that one was a direct bolt on but with the dual sport one hanger had to be bent up a little to clear the first frame cross member. They both sound really good, nice rumble to them but there is a big difference in sound volume between the 2 and if I had too do it again I would probably go with the single catback. V4 mode isn't bad sounding, but noticeable. People here say it best, kind of a helicopter sound. I really don't mind it, it's not too loud. I do have the V4 tuned out though it's because most of my driving is in town so it switches between V4 and V8 a lot and that got too annoying.

Archived