2014 Silverado with 6.2 19,000 miles bottom end of engine exploded in

I just want to add to all of this:

From day one, as soon as the CAI was mentioned I got on the phone with K&N and they were 100% with me through the whole ordeal. They flat out said, if they prove our product hurt your motor we will fix your motor just the same as the dealer, if they cannot prove it and wont fix it, our attorneys will have a field day.

Also, when the truck was fixed and they were refusing to re-install my CAI K&N even offered to buy back my CAI for full paid price if I chose to go back factory. Of course I chose to keep the CAI.

But K&N stood behind their product, beside me and made me a devout customer for life.

They even sent me a whole new filter as the one that was in the truck when the engine went was plastered with oil. They said, just in case you cant get the original filter clean heres a new one.

That is customer service.

Glad there are still companies that will stand behind you these days and go above and beyond anyone's expectations

Edited by rdnckhntr94
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up my truck. It stalled out one day backing out of the driveway and then almost died pulling up to a light. Took it to the dealer for that and other issues. 8 days of driving a rental truck. I go get mine. Scratched up everywhere and they had done nothing because they said it was tuned. I never tuned because it is the one vehicle that I don't have to fix this way. I was shocked. They then said they could flash it to stock. I didn't know what to do so I let them do their thing, but I don't trust my dealer service now either. I'll see if they will actully fix the paint damage soon and hope I never need a motor since they are already saying it's tuned with there being no big issue. Glad to hear K&N step up. Might have to get their intake so they help me later.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just picked up my truck. It stalled out one day backing out of the driveway and then almost died pulling up to a light. Took it to the dealer for that and other issues. 8 days of driving a rental truck. I go get mine. Scratched up everywhere and they had done nothing because they said it was tuned. I never tuned because it is the one vehicle that I don't have to fix this way. I was shocked. They then said they could flash it to stock. I didn't know what to do so I let them do their thing, but I don't trust my dealer service now either. I'll see if they will actully fix the paint damage soon and hope I never need a motor since they are already saying it's tuned with there being no big issue. Glad to hear K&N step up. Might have to get their intake so they help me later.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ok, I just saw your post on the other thread too. If I was in your shoes there would be two things I would do.

1) Try to have a meeting face to face with the Service Department Manager so he can explain why it took 8 days to let you know they would not be working on your truck.

2) Tell them to prove to you that it was tuned.

If that doesn't work than there is;

3) Get in contact with local lawyer to help you out.

Today was the first time really driving it and the flash to stock they claimed made a change. I drives just like new now and is kicking to V4 more again. It hasn't done this since they false neutral fix for the transfer case the dealer did at 6150 miles. So, that tells me they screwed something up when they did it. Another recommended another dealer and that is what I'm going to do after these guys fix the scratches they put in it for me.

• 6 years later...
On 4/10/2015 at 6:06 PM, nomadicdogg said:

Any one with a 6.2 have issues with their engines going poof lol

my truck has 19000 miles on it. going down the road, went to reduced power and within about 15 seconds grenaded. Had oil pressure and normal temps until it went. Pieces of piston ended up on the back of my trailer, trailer was empty, no weight on it and crusing at about 50mph 2000 rpm roughly?

toasted. If your engine went PM me.

Just had this happen to me on Saturday 9-24-2022 in my '14 sierra denali.. although my truck died on the side of the road, no oil under the truck, or smoke before it happened. Towed it to dealership, they got it started and that's when the rod went. Photos taken by service tech at Beaverton GMC in Portland, OR

L2.jpg

L1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...