2014 Silverado with 6.2 19,000 miles bottom end of engine exploded in

Seems like 6.2's going out around 19k is the trend these days. Mine went too buddy! New engine should be in this week hopefully. Thank god I didn't put an evil air intake on the truck yet or I probably would've had to deal with the same amount of BS you did. Good thing your trucks up and running.

First Ive heard of a 6.2 breaking, that engine is a beast!! The 2017 Aluminum truck's 6.2 is supposed to gain 25hp and get much better gas mileage, Iam already saving my money for one lol I also hear the 5.3 will be up to 390 hp and a possible Supercharger option. None of this is certain but we all know its coming soon, aluminum that is.. Next Fall could be interesting

First Ive heard of a 6.2 breaking, that engine is a beast!! The 2017 Aluminum truck's 6.2 is supposed to gain 25hp and get much better gas mileage, Iam already saving my money for one lol I also hear the 5.3 will be up to 390 hp and a possible Supercharger option. None of this is certain but we all know its coming soon, aluminum that is.. Next Fall could be interesting

You mind sharing that good stuff that you're smoking?

Edited by DanMan_S

Seems like 6.2's going out around 19k is the trend these days. Mine went too buddy! New engine should be in this week hopefully. Thank god I didn't put an evil air intake on the truck yet or I probably would've had to deal with the same amount of BS you did. Good thing your trucks up and running.

I'm scared now. I'll be coming up on 19,000 real soon. :ughdance:

• Like 1

Thinking about trading in my High Country 5.3 for a Denali 6.2. As long as it's covered under warranty I won't be scared. That Denali has almost 20k on it so I should be good right? Lol

Either it's definitely good or it's about to go :ughdance: damn GM haha.

• Like 1

Thinking about trading in my High Country 5.3 for a Denali 6.2. As long as it's covered under warranty I won't be scared. That Denali has almost 20k on it so I should be good right? Lol

You won't be sorry. I've thought about ditching my Sierra for a second 6.2. I've found a new Sierra CCSB SLT in Alabama for $41K. I've traded trucks too often though and I'm afraid of the bath I'll take on trade in. :banghead:

You won't be sorry. I've thought about ditching my Sierra for a second 6.2. I've found a new Sierra CCSB SLT in Alabama for $41K. I've traded trucks too often though and I'm afraid of the bath I'll take on trade in. :banghead:

There's two things that hold me back from doing it. First is obviously the financial side. The other is the High Country interior. A lot of people don't like the brown interior, but I absolutely love it. Gives it a rugged look
  • Like 2

There's two things that hold me back from doing it. First is obviously the financial side. The other is the High Country interior. A lot of people don't like the brown interior, but I absolutely love it. Gives it a rugged look

I absolutely agree. I knew I wanted one of them when I first saw it. I don't think I'll trade my HC anytime soon, the Sierra however I'm not nearly as attached to.

Edited by galliher_nc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really haven't seen too many posts about 6.2 blowing. Any others having issues? If some are going now I wonder what the full life will be with these. The older ones would go past 300k with proper maintenance.

I wanted to alsopint out that GM officially added a 500 mile oil change interval for the Corvette back in December. A few Auto magazines with long-term cars have had their engines grenade. The consensus seems to be metal debris from the manufacuring process as the culprit.

How convenient! Just get an oil change with every fill-up! (I know, I know, you meant 5000 miles. :-)

How convenient! Just get an oil change with every fill-up! (I know, I know, you meant 5000 miles. :-)

No they really are requiring an oil change at 500 miles for C7 Corvettes. It's likely that the oil is picking up contaminants from the manufacturing process or engine break-in. Maybe the old timers that would change the factory oil extremely early had the right idea after all.