Towing report 10k

Well I went and picked up the boat outta storage today, towed a bought 40 miles home, Some 2 lane and some highway.

I am quite pleased to be honest, I played when i could, M5 seemed to be a good spot and even had it in M6 and tow haul on with reasonable results, I was even able to set the cruise and it would hold its own and downshift when needed, but not like the old trucks (my 05) would downshift and race to the point it scared you. These new trucks are so quiet to be honest at times i did realize it was doing anything, for the record i have a 5.3/3.42 truck, I also found it handled bumps pretty well, I cannot wait to take it on a road trip later this summer to really see wht she will do, but at this time I can say I am pretty happy and feel I made a good decision sticking with the half, especially since on the way out I was getting 22 mpg, on the way home it seemed to wanna fall around 10 mpg, boat and trailer are roughly 10/10500 pounds

IMG_20150426_135933478_zpsdxzcq5vc.jpg

IMG_20150426_151108857_zpsqzbixrxv.jpg

IMG_20150426_180205656_HDR_zpsdlnbokpp.j

I'd be terrified to haul something like that around! Especially in California traffic! Wow........

Do you have tow mirrors ? Doesn't quite seem like you do

I'd be terrified to haul something like that around! Especially in California traffic! Wow........

Ya I've been out there, I agree lol, no tow mirrors, not needed the boat isn't that wide (like a camper) and I found overall sight to be very good,

Do you think it matters to have the Rancho Z71 shocks versus the standard LT shocks in terms of towing performance and how much the truck will sag in the back?

In other words, is the standard LT suspension just as good as the Z71 suspension for towing (we are assuming on a typical V8 4x4 3.42).

Tell me about it. I tow my 37' trailer on 405, 710, 110 and I-10, I-5 and 91 routinely. Had to pull off the highway just before I5N from 405 and got stuck in some nasty city traffic with the trailer. STRESSFUL.

• 2 months later...

Personally, I can't tell from the pics... Are you using a WDH? What kind of tongue weight does the trailer produce with the boat loaded and how much are you carrying if you're using a WDH?

Archived