• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I think it's just adding the sensor and enabling the alcohol tables.

Not quite. There is no sensor and hasn't been for years. GM determines ethanol content by playing with timing at startup after a refuel. E85 requires higher flow injectors, more rugged seals and maybe a higher output pump. No idea how much is "standard" on non FFV trucks.

its a $100 option i believe. Driving from Chicago to Florida a few months back i got 1-2mpg less on e85 than regular gas.

Yupp

E85 has fewer BTU per gallon so mileage will be less.

It is also better at anti-knock, so they can feed higher fuel, hence provide more horsepower.

Not quite. There is no sensor and hasn't been for years. GM determines ethanol content by playing with timing at startup after a refuel. E85 requires higher flow injectors, more rugged seals and maybe a higher output pump. No idea how much is "standard" on non FFV trucks.

The sensor was re-introduced on the 2014 4.3L & 5.3L engines. What I described above is what 6.2L LT1 & L86 owners are doing to run E85.

Only the LT4 has larger injectors (supercharged).

all you need to do is add the sensor. there are a few places selling a kit for around $600 including the wiring and fuel line adapter, etc. after that you just enable it in the tune and make any necessary adjustments.

Archived