In-Channel Vent Visor safety bounce back

I've had my AVS In-Channel deflectors in place now for about 3 weeks and the auto up feature on my front windows works about 50% of the time. The other half the window senses resistence when it gets to the deflector and shoots back down to an open position. I thought someone had mentioned at one time that there was a way to re-calibrate the auto-up feature on these windows; anyone aware of how this is done?

• Like 1

I'd like to turn the auto up feature off. I feel like I'm playing tag with the window button to open the window an inch or two.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

• Like 1

My Weathertech units do the same. When cold, they work fine. However, once they sit in the sun and swell, the window bounces back.

I'd be interested if there is a way to recalibrate them as well.

Hold the window switch in the "up" position until it closes. Eventually, the in-channel visors/window seals will settle and you won't have to hold the switch as much (if any at all).

Edited by Front Runner

I have Weathertech In-channels and haven't had that issue. I've had them on the truck for over a year now. Maybe your's isn't installed completely right. The directions for the Weathertechs say to role the windows up and down 5 times and then keep the windows up for 12 hours straight.

I have Weathertech In-channels and haven't had that issue. I've had them on the truck for over a year now. Maybe your's isn't installed completely right. The directions for the Weathertechs say to role the windows up and down 5 times and then keep the windows up for 12 hours straight.

Yep, I installed them exactly as instructed. But, when the truck sits in my work parking lot, with ambient 98F, it bounces back every time...

Yep, I installed them exactly as instructed. But, when the truck sits in my work parking lot, with ambient 98F, it bounces back every time...

I haven't had the problem and it's gotten in the high 90s while being very humid. It may be that the part that slides up into the window channel may be too thick even if it's so little you wouldn't see it with the naked eye. I have read about people with a certain problem on here and on websites that give reviews having the same problem. I don't think I've heard of someone having the problem with Weathertech like I have, but I think I've heard of people having that problem with AVS.

Trying something new today. I usually leave the windows down 2"-3" to let the heat out of the truck. This may give them enough room to deform in the heat, so I'll check that variable by leaving them up today.

Kinda defeats the entire purpose of having them for me, but I'll at least know.

Mine are oem and the tech used too much glue so the windows would pop when opened. I removed the excess and the font are fine. The rears have been reinstallex by the dealer 2 times and i just took them off. They dont stay on...maybe its cause i never use the rear windows?

• 1 year later...

I'm so torn, the in-channel look so good. I had the external on my old F150 and never had any issues with them flapping in the wind as some say but I just dunno which version I wanna take a chance on.

I had the Lund external on a 1999 F150 18 years and they still stuck when I sold it and bought this 2016. There was no reason to change so my 2016 has them too. Preparation for your install of externals is most important and done correctly they will outlast your ownership and you won't have the "Ups and downs" that many of the in-channel have..