Private offer question

I just got one as well!!!!! 3 hits with the F5 button on while building a GMC. I just want to make sure I'm correct that this can be added to the rebates and supplier pricing I'm getting? I'm going this afternoon to hopefully finalize my All Terrain purchase.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got one again, just going to gm site build sierra denali. I have it saved but it must go away because I didn't close the last one.

got one up right now 4:36 pst and gonna be on the net for a bit

I took delivery of my 2015 Silverado 1500 at the end of May 15. I gave them the private offer from the website which at that time was worth $1500. It was combined with the supplier pricing I recieved for being a member of a participating Credit Union. They said I could not use the loyalty rebate (I have a leased 2014 Cruze in the household) in combination with the private offer. The loyalty at the time was for $500 so I obviously went for the $1500 private offer.

I was watching his computer screen as he did it, it simply wouldn't let him combine them. He double checked with a superior who confirmed that it couldn't be combined. Whether the dealership could've or not, he gave me a great deal so $500 wasn't going to make or break my deal on a truck with a sticker of $50k plus.

I don't remember how exactly I got it to pop up on Chevrolet's website. I was just clicking around doing research on the truck and it came up asking to enter contact information for the offer and it was emailed to me immediately with a unique authorization code.

As for redoing the paperwork and honoring to the private offer I see no reason why they wouldn't. It's a GM Rebate which, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't take any money away from the dealership.

I do get the $750 USAA rebate which it looks like they may not stack, so at any rate I get $750 more instead of the whole $1500 I was expecting but it's better than nothing.

I'm looking at an upgrade to a new one, the dealer already knocked down his a bunch (tag sale......rebate....dipped a little into his 4K factory to dealer spiff ..etc) and isn't willing to even look at the Private Offer.

Isn't costing him anything, but he's being a douche anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been refreshing both the Chev and GMC sites for a few days now, and nothing.

I know. I hate all these guys above, especially the one that seemingly gets an offer every time he logs in! OK, I don't really hate them... :lol: just hate I had no luck with this. And I spent the better part of about six weeks between Chevy, GMC, and cars.com looking up options, pricing etc... and even several days trying the F5 trick. Never got a single offer to pop up. Got a ton of requests to do a survey. Maybe I should go back and take one of the surveys, then do nothing but complain about never getting the private offer? Ha ha!

I guess it's just woe be unto us who never seem to catch a break! :tear:

Still love my truck though, even though GMC doesn't like me enough to give me the $1500 private offer! :driving:

Archived