2016 GMC Sierra Redesign - pics just released!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are OK being mad next year? :dunno: Besides, the K2XX series were revealed Dec 2012 & hit the ground, on the lots May 2013. So as of now they are over 2 years 2 months old in terms of official release & will most likely be at 2 years 5 months before they hit the lots in any numbers. So technically, by your own accord should make you happy, or close to your 3 year mark.

As I said elsewhere. There are comments on this forum going back to 2009 stating the GMT900's should have changed/updated when the F150/Ram were redesigned for 2009. GM however never changed the exterior/interior components & people looked elsewhere.

I wouldn't be mad. Because it would be 3 years already, so it would be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangerdick did a full-on HID conversion and customization of his headlights in this thread - the results are incredible! He used the Lexus RX350 projectors. Wish I had the time / patience to do the same.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174565-completed-retrofit-tuned-rx350-color-changing-drls-led-concepts-halos-and-more/

Thanks for the link.

I'm hoping to tackle this in the next month or so.

I really cannot stand the stock halogen projectors. I thinks it's a joke GM put these crap projectors in a $50K+ truck to begin with.

To be honest I've been considering trading my 14 for a new Sierra Denali. But I was going to wait until 17 to do it. Now I'm considering grabbing a black Sierra Denali before they're all gone![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You can probably get a smoking deal here in the next few months. I would totally do that. Get the 100K powertrain warranty too. Unless there's something else they're offering on the 2016's other than lights, 8spd and CarPlay, I'd do it. And save $15k in the process. The biggest thing is the 8spd, but personally, my 6spd has been great. I drove it like a bat outta hell the first month, but it seems to have learned my driving style just fine.

You can probably get a smoking deal here in the next few months. I would totally do that. Get the 100K powertrain warranty too. Unless there's something else they're offering on the 2016's other than lights, 8spd and CarPlay, I'd do it. And save $15k in the process. The biggest thing is the 8spd, but personally, my 6spd has been great. I drove it like a bat outta hell the first month, but it seems to have learned my driving style just fine.

There is a dealer her in Kansas City that has 10,000 dollars off any GMC Sierra Denali that he has in stock right now. I am definitely tempted. I could probably pick one up for around 48.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Actually some of the BEST and most widely renowned manufacturers do not make drastic alterations right after introducing a "new" design - ever heard of the Honda Accord? How 'bout a 3 series? S class ring a bell? 911? Corvette?

OK thanks, 'nuff said I think. You think wrong. Except the accord, all those other cars you listed have complete new models released ever other or ever year after the initial release. Mercedes will start with the base models, next years bring out an AMG 55, then maybe a hybrid, then a S65, then add a diesel, ect. Porsche, Base, add turbo, then 4S, then cabriolet, then targa, then GT3, maybe a GT2, ect. 3 series base models, then GT, then M models, then cabriolet and maybe a diesel or hybrid. Those manufacturers also are known to change engines or bump them in power over the model years too.

Vette, they add new engines (LS2 to LS3 anyone), split window to solid, they add models (ZR1, Z06, convertible, Hard Top usually a year later in previous years) they change transmissions (4 to 6 speed, then 6 to 8 speeds after introduction). Anymore "iconic" cars you want to mention? A lot of those I just mentioned are pretty major mid year changes...

The accord gets redesigned every 4-5 years and lately has a hybrid introduced with some minor updates a year or two after release.

Lastly - the point isn't so much that they made these changes, its that they made them 1.5 years later, which begs the question....WHEN did they have these design and mechanical changes in the works? You think they drew 'em up last week? You all can't be that naive - it doesn't work that way. THEY MENTIONED THE CHANGES WOULD COME QUICK AND SEMI DRASTIC WHEN THE TRUCK WAS INTRODUCED. They have known for a while, it isn't their job to give everyone a 3-4 year heads up. You want to sound business savy but would you want sales slowed for a year because your customers knew updates in a semi drastic form were coming in two years so they wait? No...

If you don't think they KNEW these trucks vibrated right off the bat, you're nuts. Does every truck vibrate? No. Do most trucks vibrate? No. Do some trucks vibrate? A fairly small portion, especially compared to the overall small sample portion of a forum. No they probably didn't know until 1 out of every few hundred-thousand at best sold had it noted. Of those many probably got fixed with a more intense road force balance or tire/rim change. Sounds like you are the one that is nuts and speculating as much as those alien conspiracy types, take off the tin foil hat!

Tyler

I'm old enough to remember when the body style of new Chevy's changed every year!

That's right, 50's, 60's, 70's... every year a complete body change, not just headlights, grille and taillights.

Why? To get people to buy a new car. Marketing - it sells vehicles.

I agree with the below statement. I'm in the market for a new truck yes I know that the 2016's are right around the corner BUT the 14-15 models are just as nice I don't need a new from fascia I need a good solid reliable truck. Heck why not take advantage of the new model year and get a great deal on a 15?

I bought my truck because I love the what it is, not because it was the newest hottest truck. It doesn't really matter what GM does to their new ones, because I already have mine. It looked good when I bought it, it looks good now, it'll look good when we're five Silverados down the road. Regardless of what other vehicles are out there. Iphones come out every year and people eat it up. Don't be surprised that cars are going the same way.

There is always going to be the next best thing.

Maybe the 2014-15's will be worth more once they stop making these beauties and switch to the fugly 2016's. In 15 years it might be hard to find one of those awesome, 2-year run of beautiful trucks.

I just like looking at nice GM trucks, so I wish they hadn't f'cked up the new ones. Thankfully Ford made the F150 even uglier so GM will still be the nicest looking ones out there.

If you're going to copy the shape of a grille, please don't make it this one.

Hah! I saw one of those today and thought the exact same thing!

If you're going to copy the shape of a grille, please don't make it this one.

2011-honda-pilot-front-grill.jpg

GMC Sierra=Honda Pilot...

I ordered a '14 Chevy 3500 because I hated the new bodystyle, I waited till one of the last days you could order one, a few months later I drove a '15 and realized it was much nicer on the inside and that I screwed up, I wasn't butt hurt about it, why everyone is all tore up because GM did a minor fresh up on these trucks I don't understand, you were happy enough the day you bought your truck that you signed the papers, what changed???

Newer models are going to come out with more power, better mileage, better electronics, etc, this is a fact, but when you are ready and happy, what happens the next day is of no concern. FYI there is a major change coming in '17-'18 so be ready...

GMC Sierra=Honda Pilot...

I ordered a '14 Chevy 3500 because I hated the new bodystyle, I waited till one of the last days you could order one, a few months later I drove a '15 and realized it was much nicer on the inside and that I screwed up, I wasn't butt hurt about it, why everyone is all tore up because GM did a minor fresh up on these trucks I don't understand, you were happy enough the day you bought your truck that you signed the papers, what changed???

Newer models are going to come out with more power, better mileage, better electronics, etc, this is a fact, but when you are ready and happy, what happens the next day is of no concern. FYI there is a major change coming in '17-'18 so be ready...

I love my truck; couldn't be happier.

Not upset, not mad, not pissed, not having a melt-down, not cussing at GM.

I just prefer the looks of the '14-'15 grille. :thumbs:

headlights, "fog" lights and taillights looks pretty nice, only the A/T grill looks solid.

The BIG question is, is can we retro apple play into our 14/15's?

Archived