Considering a ProCharger Supercharger

Yea, I am really leaning hard toward ProCharger. All the other supercharger kits out there are more expensive, and create less power.

What kind of tuning software does ProCharger use? I guess it doesn't matter much, the installer is going to Dyno tune it anyways. So it should be dialed in nicely.

Because right now I use Blackbear tuning. Idk, if I would be able to continue using them.

Yeah, BB will have no trouble unless tuner locks it up, but I don't see that much anymore.

Sent from Off Driller Side

• Like 1

Rob. I have them. I asked pro charger to email them. I can forward them to you. PM me your email address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, curious what install is like.

I contacted Chuck from HHP down in Houston, the "tuner kit" with the relocated intake, upgraded FMIC, and a custom tune with installation was ~$8k. I thought that was pretty good as he has a 5.3 himself and seems to know them up and down. This is his truck;

I'm on the same boat as Fondupot. I would like to upgrade to a Procharger but it is a steep price to pay. Chuck did say that upgrading headers are pretty much a necessity, so thats another $1,500 going with either ARH or Kooks.

Edited by WendysOrBust

So the tuner kit moves the intake forward towards the 2nd battery tray? Definitely looks better. Idk if I would want to pay 8k tho. I'm still struggling with the 6k tag on the regular kit.

No, to re-route your intake to the battery tray area it's an additional ~$150 to get the intake tube from Procharger. Otherwise the filter will sit in the unit facing the headers.

Oh that's not bad.

What's the difference between the tuner kit and the other one then?

Oh that's not bad.

What's the difference between the tuner kit and the other one then?

"The Tuner Kit is identical to the complete system, but omits fuel injectors and computer programmer."

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufacturers/gm-truck-suv/gmc/sierra/2014-2015-sierra/sierra-1500/procharger-ho-intercooled-tuner-kit-2014-2015-chevy-gm-truck-suv-1500-1gv202-sci

I'm not quite sure how good of a tune Procharger will provide for their kit, I'm sure its a relatively safe tune but after driving a year on my BB tune I quite like my TCM programming and would hate to revert it back to stock. I did talk to Chuck about injectors and he said you don't have to upgrade injectors but should if you want to achieve high hp levels or high boost levels.

I think the Tuner kit is the way to go, and I'm not sure if Black Bear would be willing to do a "mail-order" tune for a Procharger or maybe getting a local shop to tune it.

"The Tuner Kit is identical to the complete system, but omits fuel injectors and computer programmer."

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufacturers/gm-truck-suv/gmc/sierra/2014-2015-sierra/sierra-1500/procharger-ho-intercooled-tuner-kit-2014-2015-chevy-gm-truck-suv-1500-1gv202-sci

I'm not quite sure how good of a tune Procharger will provide for their kit, I'm sure its a relatively safe tune but after driving a year on my BB tune I quite like my TCM programming and would hate to revert it back to stock. I did talk to Chuck about injectors and he said you don't have to upgrade injectors but should if you want to achieve high hp levels or high boost levels.

I think the Tuner kit is the way to go, and I'm not sure if Black Bear would be willing to do a "mail-order" tune for a Procharger or maybe getting a local shop to tune it.

I sent an email to Justin at BB asking if they would be able to tune after the pro charger. My guess is they would be able to. Just waiting for him to get back to me.

Because I agree. I have my BLackbear TCM dialed in nicely. And wouldn't want to lose it.

• Like 1

I'm sure Justin will have no problem tuning your Procharged truck.

He tuned my 6.2 truck with a Whipple!

I'm assuming you caught him at a local tuning event.