Midnight Edition Mods

On 9/12/2018 at 3:36 AM, Big Henry said:

Sup ME Folks!!!

New to the forum and am excited to find other Midnight Edition (ME) folks in here and online.

I just bought my 6.2L ME December 30th, 2017.

I had a few issues with the ME, but dealer resolved the issues so far. 

Now I am ready to begin my mods... I did add side rails and WeatherTec like floor mats.

Things I am considering or will do.

Undercover EliteTonneau Lid

Bedrug Carpet or Mat for bed & tailgate

Bed LED lights

Anzo USA LED Smoked Tail & Brake Lights

Accent Lighting (undercarriage and grill)

Afe Power High Performance Momentum Cold Air Intake

Flowmaster Thunder Cat Dual Exhaust (side exit)

Swing Cases (2)

Liner Gear Box (under back seat)

Bull Bar w/4 LED Light Cubes

Brake Caliper Covers (Red)

Clifford 5906x 2-way security system with remote

Window Tint

These are just a few items I am considering and am thinking about a few more.

Any experience or add ons you think are worth it or not worth it, please share.

I will take photos as I progress.

Your new ME buddy.

"Big" Henry 

20180912_023335.jpg

I also custom designed and ordered these caliper covers last week from MGP.  They should be in by mid October.  I'm having them cermaic coated like everything else to help keep brake dust and dirt off of them and make them really shine.  I'll post pics once they are done.

1b354b4efdb1b7e388dff21403382ea0.png

On 9/12/2018 at 3:36 AM, Big Henry said:

Sup ME Folks!!!

New to the forum and am excited to find other Midnight Edition (ME) folks in here and online.

I just bought my 6.2L ME December 30th, 2017.

I had a few issues with the ME, but dealer resolved the issues so far. 

Now I am ready to begin my mods... I did add side rails and WeatherTec like floor mats.

Things I am considering or will do.

Undercover EliteTonneau Lid

Bedrug Carpet or Mat for bed & tailgate

Bed LED lights

Anzo USA LED Smoked Tail & Brake Lights

Accent Lighting (undercarriage and grill)

Afe Power High Performance Momentum Cold Air Intake

Flowmaster Thunder Cat Dual Exhaust (side exit)

Swing Cases (2)

Liner Gear Box (under back seat)

Bull Bar w/4 LED Light Cubes

Brake Caliper Covers (Red)

Clifford 5906x 2-way security system with remote

Window Tint

These are just a few items I am considering and am thinking about a few more.

Any experience or add ons you think are worth it or not worth it, please share.

I will take photos as I progress.

Your new ME buddy.

"Big" Henry 

20180912_023335.jpg

For me I would say the top two mods, and this has been the first two I do to my last 3 vehicles, are window tints and ceramic coating.  Makes it look so much shinier and water just rolls right off making it less of a pain to keep clean.  

20180930_173719-1008x756.jpg

20180928_182235-1008x756.jpg

20180930_173730-1008x756.jpg

20180928_182313-1008x756.jpg

20180925_164850-1008x756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got my custom made z71 black and red MGP caliper covers today.  Going to get them ceramic coated tomorrow then hopefully put them on in the next few days if I have time.  Should help make things look more finished I think.

20181016_180317.jpg

20181016_180412.jpg

20181003_192755.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 18Midnight said:

Got my custom made z71 black and red MGP caliper covers today.  Going to get them ceramic coated tomorrow then hopefully put them on in the next few days if I have time.  Should help make things look more finished I think.

20181016_180317.jpg

20181016_180412.jpg

20181003_192755.jpg

WHOA!!!!!

THOSE R NICE!!!!

34 minutes ago, Big Henry said:

Where did you order these from and how much?????

I custom made them at https://www.calipercovers.com.  base is 200 bucks then 15 per pair to customize.  So 230 for front and rear.  You can do any color combo and word or even upload your own image.  Front and rear can even be different.   I got free shipping for filling out a survey on there which saved like 20 bucks.  I've seen really good reviews so I'm hoping they hold up.  I'll post finished pics when I get them installed.  it did take almost 2 weeks to make and ship them,  but custom designs take more time.

Edited by 18Midnight
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Denali_King said:

Nice.  Which coating did you go with?

Ceramic Pro gold package plus glass and wheel, suspension, and brake coatings with wheels off.  Its 4 layers of 9H coating and then a top coat and as long as you go in once a year for an inspection it's guaranteed for life.  It is really amazing stuff.  So much better than wax or other coatings since it bonds into the paint and makes it super smooth and hydrophobic.  They spend a full day just doing full paint correction to get it all as perfect as humanly possible before several days of hand application of the ceramic coating. So really time consuming but so worth the 3 or 4 days of waiting to have such a water and dirt resistant finish that shines better than anything else. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 18Midnight said:

Ceramic Pro gold package plus glass and wheel, suspension, and brake coatings with wheels off.  Its 4 layers of 9H coating and then a top coat and as long as you go in once a year for an inspection it's guaranteed for life.  It is really amazing stuff.  So much better than wax or other coatings since it bonds into the paint and makes it super smooth and hydrophobic.  They spend a full day just doing full paint correction to get it all as perfect as humanly possible before several days of hand application of the ceramic coating. So really time consuming but so worth the 3 or 4 days of waiting to have such a water and dirt resistant finish that shines better than anything else. 

Truck look's good . Now that it all clean up, planning on parking it before winter ??

39 minutes ago, slj2008 said:

Truck look's good . Now that it all clean up, planning on parking it before winter ??

Nope being able to get through the snow and have 4wd is a part of the reason I have it.  I still run through touchless washes whenever it's not too cold and have a heated garage to melt the nasty stuff off between days so I'm not too worried about driving through the winters.  I haven't parked a vechile in the winter since I had my 2002 red Firebird back from 2002 to 2005 and that was just as much a safety issue as not wanting to get it dirty haha.

Edited by 18Midnight

13 hours ago, 18Midnight said:

Awesome.   Looked into that before.  Just didn't trust the paint correction part.  1 swirl and it's locked down forever.  Black is a bitch.

7 minutes ago, 18Midnight said:

Nope being able to get through the snow and have 4wd is a part of the reason I have it.  I still run through touchless washes whenever it's not too cold and have a heated garage to melt the nasty stuff off between days so I'm not too worried about driving through the winters.  I haven't parked a vechile in the winter since I had my 2002 red Firebird back from 2002 to 2005 and that was just as much a safety issue as not wanting to get it dirty haha.

sound like me , lot of car washes (touchless or hand washes (self serve with heat , still have one in town ) only a block from my heated garage

• Like 1