do all dealers suck? or just the ones around here?

the dealer i bought the truck from did not perform a proper PPI and did not install all the parts on the truck and the one they did (side steps) i had to take apart to install them correctly myself.

second dealer (the one i go to for service) two oil changes in and i think they only throw enough DEF in to get the system to say "OK" cause i have to fill it about 1000 miles later after every oil change.

first dealer did not grease anything when they delivered it to me. aside from the scratch and dent they put in my truck i was never going back there.

second dealer greased 4 out of 5 fittings missing the idler arm one the first service. i had reminded them about greasing the idler arm fitting on the second service.

just venting cause i wish that the $65k i gave to GM would have the same value as someone who gives $35k to Acura, Infiniti, BMW or Mercedes. i've had all those brands and WAY better attention at the service department.

i don't get it.

I think the problem with the the DEF is that alot of the dealers don't realize it is part of the free service. If you go to a dealer that sells and services a lot of diesels, then it is different.

As far as greasing the front end before delivery, the HD's are the only trucks with grease fittings and becuase of this, they are missed.

Guys have talked about it on some of the Duramax forums.

Also, if the 2nd dealer only greased 4 fittings, them they missed 5 others. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-lml-duramax-powertrain/345513-lml-front-end-grease-fittings.html

I do all my own work for this reason. I feel for you though, it shouldn't be this way.

Most of the dealers have kids to do the oil and whatever else they see fit.

I have a neighbor with 3 Ford products (sorry for the bad word) over 130k dollars worth. This dealer has adds on craigslist for service bay help.

They would over fill, leave oil on parts and then it would drip on his garage floor. Then they damaged the front of a vehicle and the service kid said nothing. He picked it up and the next morning found the damage when checking the oil. Of course they denied it. We live a mile from this dealer and the mileage proved it wasn't done else where, straight home to the garage. After some heated talking and his purchases with them they fixed the damage.

Finding good help in all fields is tough these days.

Call GM and complain about the dealers.

Dealers blow...not my truck this time but I took my Corvette back into the dealership for a stupid seat belt recall...unfortunately alot of plastic had to come off to get to it. When I got it home I started noticing every panel he took apart was overlapped backward...kinda like putting siding on your house upside down. I could not believe anyone was that stupid...you could see the indents in the plastic where the panel should seat onto. A beginner could not F that up but he did.

I think the problem with the the DEF is that alot of the dealers don't realize it is part of the free service. If you go to a dealer that sells and services a lot of diesels, then it is different.

As far as greasing the front end before delivery, the HD's are the only trucks with grease fittings and becuase of this, they are missed.

Guys have talked about it on some of the Duramax forums.

Also, if the 2nd dealer only greased 4 fittings, them they missed 5 others. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-lml-duramax-powertrain/345513-lml-front-end-grease-fittings.html

i will have to look at the rest, maybe they did them. i just looked at the 4 ball joints and the idler arm.

but i think the issue truly starts at the top. if corporate accepts this behavior then it will happen. i don't care what the hourly wage is there is a certain level of pride that should come with your work and if it is not met there should be a manager that steps in to correct "the problem".

They really do all suck...at least in my area. I hate taking by truck to the dealer for anything...they always end up scratching something. I would rather go to the dentist...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The tie rod ends are greasable on the half ton trucks... nobody greased mine either even after their "free oil change". All they did there was make a mess of my skid plate, not grease tge tie rod ends and overfill the truck with oil. I just do everything myself... I like my truck being reliable and not worse than before I take it in lol.

My selling dealer is probably okay but at 2.5 hours of driving away I have better things to do with my life.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Archived