In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

We are pleased to open up this brand new forum for the classic Kodiak and Topkick commercial medium duty trucks.

4x4_Kodiak.jpg2003-gmc-topchick-9_800x0w.jpg

Not familiar with the Kodiak or Topkick? Read up on Wikipedia

Welcome and please don't hesitate to let us know how we can improve the usability of this forum section.

4x4_Kodiak.jpg

2003-gmc-topchick-9_800x0w.jpg

4x4_Kodiak.jpg

4x4_Kodiak.jpg

Yes, GM is going back into the medium duty market. This time, they will only be sold under the Chevy brand. Chevy-badged Isuzu NPR's are due later this year, and the joint-venture GM/Navistar trucks are due in 2018. Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Hey Guys, just joined this site. I'm looking for some help with my 1995 topkick lowpro. It has the 6.0. I put a new ignition cylinder in it and a new battery. It started right up. I turned it off and tried starting again and it wouldn't turn over. So pulled the starter out thinking it was bad. Had it tested and it was bad. So i put a brand new starter in it and the same thing is happening. There's power all the dash lights come on but it won't kick the starter over. Any thoughts? I appreciate it. I'm mechanical but electrical is not my forta.

• 10 months later...

I have a 1992 gmc topkick with the manual e brake was wondering if anyone knew where it goes? I ordered a 84in cable. Someone wrote on the door thats the length but it was cut off when I bought the truck

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Edwardo
      Hi... im in need of the spring arm assembly from a monroe hauler air suspension.   Having some trouble locating one..  yes I've called monroe. Yes I've called some junk yards.
      YES I GOT RIPPED OFF FROM A GUY A DAY BEFORE X MAS SAYING HE HAD 2 OF THEM.
      YES IM AN IDIOT. 
      I'm giving this one last try before I go ahead and make it 4 link.. she needs to get back on the road asap.

Love 
      Ed

• By Ronnie Cole
      Hello all,

I have recently purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab, I have a question based on the package after I have done some research on it. 

With the badges it has on it and the packages the sales guy said it has per those packages I am questioning the ability to have that many on a vehicle. 

I am hoping someone can help me know if it is real or not. List is below.

1. SLE
      2. Kodiak
      3. Elevation 
      4. Z71
      5. All Terrain 

• By Edwardo
      Hi guys.. any one have a spare spring arm assembly for a c4500 4x4 ?  Cant find one any where ..  need one asap.  

• By reelle
      I just bought a 1991 Chevy C70 Kodiak C7H042 6.6L 403 CUI Diesel in amazingly great condition. I am now the 3rd owner of this dump truck. The first owner took great care of the vehicle, everything thing appears to be well maintained and no shade tree work. All the parts, wiring and accessories appear to be original and well maintained. However, the second owner bought this truck and never used it. It has sat in a field for about four years. To get to the point, I completely serviced the truck and replaced the batteries, checked the fuses, grounds, relays and I have absolutely no power to the truck. No interior or exterior lights and no lights on the instrument panel. What could be the issue?

• By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-12-2018

Chevrolet announced prices today for the new 2019 4500 HD Chassis Cab medium-duty truck. Prices will start at $48,465 including the $1,495 destination charge.

“These new Silverado chassis cabs are a great addition to our lineup because we can now offer small businesses and large fleets a truck that can be upfitted to do many jobs including construction, utility and landscape work, tow truck operations, first responder calls and more,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president, GM Fleet. “Chevrolet was obsessed with making these Silverado trucks easy to upfit, drive and own.”

Chevy says the ultimate Chevrolet Silverado is the 6500HD, which is similar in size to the 4500HD and 5500HD but is rated to 22,900 pounds GVWR. “Bucket truck builders, fleet managers and many other customers told us they face a dilemma when their GVWR needs exceed 19,500 lbs.,” said John Schwegman, director of Commercial Product and Medium Duty at GM Fleet. “Some pay for expensive aluminum bodies to save weight so they can stay with a Class 5 chassis. Others may spend $10,000 or more to purchase a larger truck with much more GVWR than they need. The Silverado 6500HD gives them capability and protects their bottom line. It’s a great solution.”

Here are the features of the new 2019 Silverado medium-duty line:
      -The Silverado will be available in 2WD and 4WD and will be powered by a Duramax 6.6-liter diesel engine with 350 horsepower and 700 lb.-ft. of torque and Allison transmissions with a Power Take Off (PTO) option.
      -The frame is designed with one-piece straight rails with no rivets or brackets on top to interfere with the mounting of custom-made bodies. There are no obstacles to work around helping to save time and money during the upfit process.
      -More frame lengths are offered compared with key competitors, which can help customers specify the exact truck to suit their needs.
      -The truck is designed to be easy to service, with a clamshell hood and a wheel cut of up to 50 degrees that can give technicians better engine access than trucks with conventional hoods.
      -Optional equipment includes a twin-tank fuel capacity of up to 65 gallons, a factory-installed air suspension and a full suite of available connectivity, including OnStar, Commercial Link and a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot.

Look for the new Silverado medium-duty trucks at any one of Chevy's 400 commercial dealers late this year.