Does anybody have a 2016 SILVERADO w/ windshield tint strip?

I will be tinting my front windows to match the factory tinted rears, and am debating getting the top strip of the windshield done too. Does anyone have this done already and could you upload a pic of it? Truck colour doesnt really matter but black would be ideal. Thanks guys

2015 with a 5% strip that ends about 1 inch below the rear view mirror attachment hardware. Those 2 dots you see are suction cups for the radar detector.

20151227_1050561.jpg

• 9 months later...

I would get 40% on the entire windshield and 20% on the sides, it's much cleaner than the strip.

Rux3Asn.jpg

It's not as dark in the sun.

oRKvjsp.jpg

Here it is with no tint.

GKzrXBT.jpg

Completely agree here - I Don't like the look of a tint strip unless you do both a strip and the windshield. I've got 20% front and 20% over stock rear tint with 50% windshield and absolutely love it. Actually thinking about taking off the 50 on the shield and doing 35. how is the 40 at night?

I've been trying to decide if I wanted to do this as well. I've had an eyebrow on every truck I've owned, but part of me thinks this truck looks better without it, while the other part misses the brow. Decisions, decisions. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the full window tint idea, it looks good. However I just looked threw all states window tint laws and no state allows any tint below the AS1 line. So how are you guys getting away with the full tint on the windshield?

• 2 months later...

I like the full window tint idea, it looks good. However I just looked threw all states window tint laws and no state allows any tint below the AS1 line. So how are you guys getting away with the full tint on the windshield?

If you don't go super dark on the Windshield its not THAT noticeable in the daytime, and at night everyone's windshield looks dark head on.

I've got 20 front, 20 over stock rear (registers around 4%), and 50 on the full windshield. No issues in NC in almost a year. For what it's worth, I also have a 2005 TSX with 20 all around and 50 windshield and have had no issues from the law in over 3 years. Both have all black interior.

Tint strip in conjunction with tinted windshield also might make the windshield less noticeable :thumbs:

post-160004-0-29971100-1492526898_thumb.jpg

Archived