My wife, daughter and I completed an 8 hour enhanced concealed carry firearms training class this past Saturday. Each of us shot at least 100 rounds (me 9mm, other two .38).

In the car on way home, wife said, "I used to be afraid of my gun but I'm not at all anymore."

Goal : met!

• Like 1

My wife, daughter and I completed an 8 hour enhanced concealed carry firearms training class this past Saturday. Each of us shot at least 100 rounds (me 9mm, other two .38).

In the car on way home, wife said, "I used to be afraid of my gun but I'm not at all anymore."

Excellent! That is great to hear.

That's really good. I want to try and get my wife to shoot the my 22 LR. Just to have a little skill.

Most of the anti-gun people out there haven't shot yet. Range therapy is a good thing. It's so much fun to just go out and shoot some targets. Gun safety and education is a must. Most of these stories you hear about a child finding a gun and shooting themselves or others was not taught anything about it, making them more curious is they find the gun. My son knows not to touch any firearm and to notify an adult if he ever comes across one. Safety, education and experience can all be taught.

Most of the anti-gun people out there haven't shot yet.

I don't think so. In fact I believe most anti-gun people have good reasons. Maybe it's you who does not understand or is not willing to understand and accept. Which is fine.

I have been anti-gun for many years and it had nothing to do with me not trying. For most part it had to do with the knowledge that it's not a perfect solution.

People tend to ignore the law, even those who call themself law obiding citizens - I would bet my hat that most soccer moms tell you they are law obiding citizens, yet they are the ones going 50 or 60 in a School zone. Or using the phone while driving with their kids on the back seat.

The law says No! but they don't care. Great stuff. No, I don't like thosecareless mothers to have a gun. Learn basics and respect first.

There is not one person in this world who does obey the law at all times, I don't. And a lot of them don't obey because they can. It's even trendy.

The real scary ones (to me) are those who do not understand the law! How many idiots do not fully understand "your" second amendment? Or the phrase "stand your grounds"? So yes, I find it very scary when stupid people do have a gun.

So my concern goes into different directions.

I don't give a rats apple about the second amendment. People use it like it has no meaning. But it has. I would wish people would understand and care and then get guns because there will always be the POS that deserves a bullet or two.

Getting a gun means a lot of responsibility. If you wanna play big boy...go find a star trek meeting.

Again, I am not interested in protecting my TV or car or silver forks, that's just stuff. I'm looking for protection just for myself.

Edited by BRay'sGirl
  • Like 1

My gun story: I awoke to gunshots in the middle of the night. My rifle was locked up in a closet and my ammo was stored in a different area of the house. I had to navigate the length of the house 4 times (back and forth across the main floor and basement) to arm myself to protect my family. Luckily (??) the bullets were the only thing to invade the house, the bad guys drove on. I had a loaded pistol and a flashlight in my nightstand before bed the next night, and a CPL inside 60 days. Nobody chooses when or where they will become a victim. If it's unexpected, all the better for the criminal. After several years I discovered the joy of competitive shooting. I get lots of trigger time every month to practice safe gun handling. Nobody is coming in my house!

My dog story: When I needed a dog to hunt vermin at work I switched from labs to terriers. Terriers are territorial. They will bark alertly and sometimes bite strangers. Delivery drivers and meter readers have learned to "treat" him so it's not a foolproof system. They are very smart and energetic working dogs. Very trainable. I feel my yard is much safer with a 35lb terrier than it was with 75lb labs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...