Dealer Installed OEM Cab Roof Marker Lights. Question?

I'll take pictures of them on my truck after it stops raining. Here are a few pictures i found online the top set is the 2014 and up style clearnace lights. The bottom set is the 07-13 style. You can see on 2014 and up the square would have to be perfect so those things sticking out on the bottom of the light can tighten against the roof. To big of a hole and it wont work.

.attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161129-152553.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20161129-152617.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20161129-152715.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20161129-152730.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20161129-152751.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20161129-152801.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

thank you for the photo's. Did you look at GoRecon - cab lights ?? I had there BIG rig lights on my last truck (maybe add those to this truck) .

where are you located in NY? I had factory GM one's installed after the fact on my 15 by autofinishers- a local company in upstate NY here cost me around 2-250.... so far no leaks(and in upstate we've already had tons of rain/heavy snow) and they look just like the truck came with them from the factory. Even had it at my local chevy dealership, and they couldn't tell a difference. I can get pictures later.

where are you located in NY? I had factory GM one's installed after the fact on my 15 by autofinishers- a local company in upstate NY here cost me around 2-250.... so far no leaks(and in upstate we've already had tons of rain/heavy snow) and they look just like the truck came with them from the factory. Even had it at my local chevy dealership, and they couldn't tell a difference. I can get pictures later.

Sorry not used to how things work here lol..

Im in the middle town area healey chevy already said no and i have the factory 15+ clearance lights and harness, and does chevy still honor the warranty or will they try to void it?

Sorry not used to how things work here lol..

Im in the middle town area healey chevy already said no and i have the factory 15+ clearance lights and harness, and does chevy still honor the warranty or will they try to void it?

I guess that would be dependent on dealership.... mine seemed to be totally okay with it since I used factory parts (just as you have) and because of the quality of work. I just did a quick search for shops in the area of middletown, and I found a few that could probably handle the job. The place I went to does a lot of truck work, so they had no problem, so of the others I called around to had to be kind of coaxed into it but eventually were okay with it.

I did a quick google search on Body shops in the middle town area and these were some places I would call and see if they are willing. I put Gailie at the top because they specifically talk about also doing custom work on vehicles where as the others really only talk about doing accident repairs, etc. But any body shop should realistically be able to handle it. just pop the front of the headliner down and go at it. Let us know what you find out after calling some of those!

Gailie Collision and Custom Car

Star collision paint & body work

T&C Auto Body

Lothars Body Shop

Eagle Auto Body

I guess that would be dependent on dealership.... mine seemed to be totally okay with it since I used factory parts (just as you have) and because of the quality of work. I just did a quick search for shops in the area of middletown, and I found a few that could probably handle the job. The place I went to does a lot of truck work, so they had no problem, so of the others I called around to had to be kind of coaxed into it but eventually were okay with it.

I did a quick google search on Body shops in the middle town area and these were some places I would call and see if they are willing. I put Gailie at the top because they specifically talk about also doing custom work on vehicles where as the others really only talk about doing accident repairs, etc. But any body shop should realistically be able to handle it. just pop the front of the headliner down and go at it. Let us know what you find out after calling some of those!

Gailie Collision and Custom Car

Star collision paint & body work

T&C Auto Body

Lothars Body Shop

Eagle Auto Body

But who did yours? And are you located in Middletown as well?

I've had the U01 lights on my trucks (all ordered) since my '94. Sets it apart from others in a lot. The center light in my '11 developed a leak where the lens developed a crack.

When my brother bought his '16 dealer search & trade) the nephew specified it had to be a GMC (because the headlights on the Chev sucked) since he'd driven both Chevs & GMCs @ his summer jobs (county roads dep't) & it had to have roof lights LOL

That all being said. I'd be hesitant to have a dealer w/ little or no experience do the install. The last thing I'd want in light of the guys saying the size of the holes being critical, is some guy laying out the holes, drilling & filing away in the roof panel for the 1st time.

I'm a retired tool & die maker & I'd be leery of doing it since it's in an awkward area to work on.

I've had the U01 lights on my trucks (all ordered) since my '94. Sets it apart from others in a lot. The center light in my '11 developed a leak where the lens developed a crack.

When my brother bought his '16 dealer search & trade) the nephew specified it had to be a GMC (because the headlights on the Chev sucked) since he'd driven both Chevs & GMCs @ his summer jobs (county roads dep't) & it had to have roof lights LOL

That all being said. I'd be hesitant to have a dealer w/ little or no experience do the install. The last thing I'd want in light of the guys saying the size of the holes being critical, is some guy laying out the holes, drilling & filing away in the roof panel for the 1st time.

I'm a retired tool & die maker & I'd be leery of doing it since it's in an awkward area to work on.

This i am very leery, and want a dealer to do it so it falls in there hands, and or find a shop that has done these lights not looking to turn a 50k truck into something im going to just throw 5gals of gas and a match too lol, but the lights on the cab make the truck.

But who did yours? And are you located in Middletown as well?

no, I'm not in Middletown. I'm in Rochester, and I had a local shop "Autofinishers" do mine. I was leery as well, which is why I made a shop do it and didn't do it myself. This way if they do look I can bring it back to the shop. Certainly if you want to come to Rochester and have the work done at the same shop I did, I could probably call and get you some money off since I know the manager, but that'd be a long drive just for some clearance lights to be installed. From what they explained to me, it truly isn't as bad of a job installing them as people make it out to be, and honestly it may be someones first time installing clearance lights, but I highly doubt it's their first time working on a car if they're at one of the body shops I listed earlier. So I'm sure you'd be fine. Plus if they mess up they've gotta cover the work they did.

no, I'm not in Middletown. I'm in Rochester, and I had a local shop "Autofinishers" do mine. I was leery as well, which is why I made a shop do it and didn't do it myself. This way if they do look I can bring it back to the shop. Certainly if you want to come to Rochester and have the work done at the same shop I did, I could probably call and get you some money off since I know the manager, but that'd be a long drive just for some clearance lights to be installed. From what they explained to me, it truly isn't as bad of a job installing them as people make it out to be, and honestly it may be someones first time installing clearance lights, but I highly doubt it's their first time working on a car if they're at one of the body shops I listed earlier. So I'm sure you'd be fine. Plus if they mess up they've gotta cover the work they did.

Gotchya man , yea that is a drive for sure from me , and the oem harness was just plug and play basically?

• 1 month later...

Gotchya man , yea that is a drive for sure from me , and the oem harness was just plug and play basically?

yes, completely plug and play! sorry- I was gone with the military and my laptop was acting up

I just purchased a 2016 GMC 2500 Denali, without the marker lights and am really regretting it. I understand how difficult and risky installing the oem marker lights would be after the fact can be, due to the square hole. Do you know if the oem lights from '07-'13 (with round mounting holes) will fit on my truck, and if the wiring harness would be "plug and play"? Please excuse me if I post this twice...thought I posted it once, but appear to have gotten logged out. Thanks