Do you wave to other Silverado/Sierra drivers?

TheFuturesEnd

Hey so I bought a 2016 RCSB Silverado just over a month ago. First full size truck, first brand new vehicle, it's been a very exciting experience. I drove a Honda Civic for about 2 years before I got the truck and I noticed right away when I started driving the civic that civic drivers love to wave at other civic drivers. Probably 95% of the civics I drove past, the driver would throw their hand up. So it kinda became a habit for me as well. Now there still aren't a ton of 2016 Silverados driving around my area but it's clear as day when ones driving towards you and the first couple weeks I owned mine I waved at every other one I saw and not one person waved back. So do you wave to people who drive the same truck as you?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey so I bought a 2016 RCSB Silverado just over a month ago. First full size truck, first brand new vehicle, it's been a very exciting experience. I drove a Honda Civic for about 2 years before I got the truck and I noticed right away when I started driving the civic that civic drivers love to wave at other civic drivers. Probably 95% of the civics I drove past, the driver would throw their hand up. So it kinda became a habit for me as well. Now there still aren't a ton of 2016 Silverados driving around my area but it's clear as day when ones driving towards you and the first couple weeks I owned mine I waved at every other one I saw and not one person waved back. So do you wave to people who drive the same truck as you?

When I had my subarus everyone waved until the vape heads ruined the Subaru culture. I had an Audi S4, other S drivers always waved. I think it's an import/ jeep/ motorcycle thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only wave back if someone waves at me first. But usually it's just other truck drivers no matter the make. I know it's a big thing for Jeep Wranglers owners to wave at each other and of course Harley riders waving at other Harley riders. I'm also in the south so a lot of times I'll just get random people I don't know just eave at me.

I've done it a few times when I've met new Sierras. Nary a response.

I live in the south. I used to own a Wrangler. Oh well. I'll probably sleep tonight anyway.

Still looking for someone to do something stupid in front of me so I can vaporize their back windshield with my LEDs...

I think it's an import/ jeep/ motorcycle thing

I think you're right because what jeeps, bikes, and quick little imports (and regular cab short box trucks) have in common is they're "driver's vehicles" They're not practical in every situation or very comfortable for the passengers. People buy them because they like to drive, not because they have to drive. So I guess it's more of a connection with another "car guy" than oh look he has the same car I have.

Nobody waves at me,I live in Wisconsin and it don't seem very friendly.My neighbor stop even talking to me since I got a new truck.Im very friendly but I can only reach out so much otherwise people think your crazy.I get the same thing at work too.

I only waveo r give a thumbs up if they are driving the same exact truck with the same color.

I tried that to,the guy seem like I was In his way,he must been in a rush.

Archived