Do you wave to other Silverado/Sierra drivers?

TheFuturesEnd

When I was a teenager, I waved to a cop who let me go with a warning the day prior. He pulled me over again and asked "What's with the hand gesture?" ... :lol:

I was a mouthy punk in those days, so alot of it was well deserved.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey so I bought a 2016 RCSB Silverado just over a month ago. First full size truck, first brand new vehicle, it's been a very exciting experience. I drove a Honda Civic for about 2 years before I got the truck and I noticed right away when I started driving the civic that civic drivers love to wave at other civic drivers. Probably 95% of the civics I drove past, the driver would throw their hand up. So it kinda became a habit for me as well. Now there still aren't a ton of 2016 Silverados driving around my area but it's clear as day when ones driving towards you and the first couple weeks I owned mine I waved at every other one I saw and not one person waved back. So do you wave to people who drive the same truck as you?

You better wave! It's required by law in 49 states! When you're new you can usually get away with a few flub ups but, you really want to get that down ASAP. Also year does not matter nor does brand (either Chevy or GMC). DO NOT wave at Ford drivers!!! You can get a ticket for trying to start a fight. No big deal, as most are busy trying to get some compartment open or keeping some lid closed and don't have time to even notice ANY traffic around them. You'll do fine. It becomes natural after a bit. Enjoy the new truck!

Jim

I don't think anyone is constantly waving to random people, I was talking about waving specifically to people who drive the same vehicle as you. For me that would be maybe 5-10 waves per month. However you raise an interesting point, in today's "terrible, and violent" society a simple act of waving could spread a bit of cheer and hope. You can't just assume everyone is out to get you, that just makes things worse.

I will add that I would never wave to a law enforcement vehicle because I honestly believe that some cops would shoot you just for looking at them the wrong way but that's a whole separate issue.

Your extreme Liberal views are exactly what is wrong with today's society....Having the belief that a law enforcement officer is going to shoot you just for looking at them demonstrates the mindset of Liberals like yourself that have America turned up-side-down.

I don't believe anybody is 'out to get me' per say.

I do believe that waving to random people is silly and could definitely cause you a serious problem in the wrong area. I've seen innocent people that have been shot/stabbed/beaten simply because of a kind gesture that someone took the wrong way.

Again, be careful out there, everyone. The world we live in is not the same as it was 8 years ago, unfortunately.

I get thumbs up and waves from other lifted truck drivers or square owners. Got nothing when they were stock.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

LOL.............Being a female driving a lifted truck usually does get waves. Different story for men, most of the time.

Your extreme Liberal views are exactly what is wrong with today's society....Having the belief that a law enforcement officer is going to shoot you just for looking at them demonstrates the mindset of Liberals like yourself that have America turned up-side-down.

I do believe that waving to random people is silly and could definitely cause you a serious problem in the wrong area. I've seen innocent people that have been shot/stabbed/beaten simply because of a kind gesture that someone took the wrong way.

Again, be careful out there, everyone. The world we live in is not the same as it was 8 years ago, unfortunately.

I think I can agree with all of this.

NO. I have two motorcycles and I ride a lot and I'm worn out and tired of the motorcycle waving thing. Half of the other riders get pissed if they wave and you don't wave back, the other half get pissed if you wave at them but you aren't riding the "right" kind of bike.

Besides, when I'm in my GMC with the heated leather Barco-loungers cranked up, I'm usually half asleep anyway, so I never know what's going on.

Why would you drive down the highway/street constantly waving to random people? That doesn't even make sense to me, or maybe I'm missing something?

With the terrible, violent, lawless climate in todays society, something as simple as waving to the wrong person may actually cause you some unwanted trouble, sad but true. Certain people may see it wrong, be having a road rage episode and assume you gave them 'the finger'. I don't wave at anybody unless I know them, different story driving a work vehicle. I wave to every other law enforcement vehicle I drive past.

Be careful out there, it's a very crazy society and people have zero respect for others!

I remember when my partner and I received a Public Safety Alert about vehicles intentionally driving with their highbeams on so as to entice other drivers to highbeam them back; their goal they wished to achieve was rather violent and was for initiation purposes. That's also why I'm careful to not pull too close behind somebody at a red light or stop sign

LOL.............Being a female driving a lifted truck usually does get waves. Different story for men, most of the time.

I can relate 100% to this. I used to get onto my ex(go figure) all the time for getting into her truck at night, cutting the dome light on and going through her purse. She's get so annoyed going anywhere with me because I'd always just kind of scan around the areas we were at all the time haha. Or I'd always pick a seat where I could see the register clearly and be able to see whoever walked in. She said it looked like I was always "sizin'" everybody up

I remember when my partner and I received a Public Safety Alert about vehicles intentionally driving with their highbeams on so as to entice other drivers to highbeam them back; their goal they wished to achieve was rather violent and was for initiation purposes. That's also why I'm careful to not pull too close behind somebody at a red light or stop sign

Lol, that was an urban legend. I think some local PD's, even a government agency and the Canadian Parliament fell for it also.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp

I had two people driving Silverado's wave at me over the weekend. The first one I thought he figured he might know me, but then a second driver did it and I remembered this thread. I wondered if they might be members on here to see if waving gets a wave back.

Not really....I do look over at the f-150's at the stoplight and they will not even look for one second at this sexy beast! How could you not.....2016 GMC WDT paint SLT. aghhh...Ford's

I had a 2006 Civic Coupe and thought it was a great car.....but I didn't wave to the other Civic drivers.

I don't wave to those driving any 4 wheel vehicle. I just never have.

However, I ride a bike and I wave a lot to other bikers.

I wonder why I wave to bikers (when I am riding my bike, not driving my truck) but don't wave to everyone else.

I guess I would have to say, my arm would sure be tired by the end of the day!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived