The age old suspension lift question!

I think your best bet is to buy a kit with everything in it. I do not believe youll be able to find knuckles and true diff drop all by themselves. I couldnt and thats why i had to buy the whole kit

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your best bet is to buy a kit with everything in it. I do not believe youll be able to find knuckles and true diff drop all by themselves. I couldnt and thats why i had to buy the whole kit

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Shoot so what's the minimum I'm looking at spending to do this?

How's the saying go? Buy once, cry once? It seems to be the case with all the different lift options out there. I'd spend the money upfront on a decent kit in order to avoid any headaches further down the line.

Lol at RC "tech" support. Notice he did not answer all of your questions? You can search the web high and low and not find a single company with more bad reviews than RC. I'll answer your questions. Their control arms are notoriously faulty (search and you shall see). The diff drops will give you a 1.5" drop, which is sufficient but leaves you with the equivalent of 2" of angle on your CVs. Your tie rods and lower control arms will remain in the stock position, which in addition to the above means that no...you will NOT have stock suspension angles. That kit has been ripped off and thrown away at almost the same rate as used condoms. If you want a kit that maintains front end geometry, then look at kits that include taller spindles (knuckles), and a subframe. The sub frame that, for whatever reason,scares people to death, is what makes room for a greater diff drop and corrects LCA angles. That's what you want if you want flat angles and relatively no added stress on parts. It's not hard to find out what's good and what's not with all of the various forums that have beaten this topic to death for years, but I think your mind is already made up. Best of luck.

Lol at RC "tech" support. Notice he did not answer all of your questions? You can search the web high and low and not find a single company with more bad reviews than RC. I'll answer your questions. Their control arms are notoriously faulty (search and you shall see). The diff drops will give you a 1.5" drop, which is sufficient but leaves you with the equivalent of 2" of angle on your CVs. Your tie rods and lower control arms will remain in the stock position, which in addition to the above means that no...you will NOT have stock suspension angles. That kit has been ripped off and thrown away at almost the same rate as used condoms. If you want a kit that maintains front end geometry, then look at kits that include taller spindles (knuckles), and a subframe. The sub frame that, for whatever reason,scares people to death, is what makes room for a greater diff drop and corrects LCA angles. That's what you want if you want flat angles and relatively no added stress on parts. It's not hard to find out what's good and what's not with all of the various forums that have beaten this topic to death for years, but I think your mind is already made up. Best of luck.

Actually after hearing all these and reading the horror stories I think it's time to bite the bullet and get the 4.5" zone lift which comes with control arms and the knuckles and the diff drop. It's a one time expense and I need a quality lift.

Can anyone tell me if that's a good lift to get? 4.5" zone suspension lift?

Should be safe with any Zone/BDS suspension lift. Those guys know what they're doing.

Zone is the cheaper brand of BDS. Made by the same person.

I did a bunch of research earlier this year and although I went with the BDS, I would have been comfortable with the Zone as well. The advice and comments by Blackout07 are worthy of serious consideration as you make your decision.

Ya I agree that's why I'm going with the zones. After a bunch of research they are both amazing products. The big thing BDS offers is the warranty but zone has an awesome one also

Oh boy well there it is boys I just pulled the trigger on it and I got the 4.5" Zone c27 4WD suspension lift with the upgraded nitro shocks for $1073.00

Good deal or bad?

Archived