Seat Heater come on with Remote Start?

2 hours ago, C Turner said:

Here I go bringing old threads back to life again! 

Initially was upset my '15 Sierra Denali didn't seem to turn the seated heats on with remote start and even called the dealership. I was SURE they were feeding me a line of bull when they said the lights won't come on and I have to manually turn them on after I turn the key. I'm feeling a lot more at ease after reading this thread, but still need to test as others have stated here. Today, after work, I will remote start and sit in the truck for a while to see if I can feel them before turning the key.

You need to set them up in the settings menu on your radio, convenience and comfort (I believe) and turn on the function to work with the RKE.

You will not see any lights, but seats will be working, and yes you will have to turn them back on after you turn the ignition with the key.

Turning on the function also will use the "cool" feature during the summer months.

3 hours ago, C Turner said:

Here I go bringing old threads back to life again! 

Initially was upset my '15 Sierra Denali didn't seem to turn the seated heats on with remote start and even called the dealership. I was SURE they were feeding me a line of bull when they said the lights won't come on and I have to manually turn them on after I turn the key. I'm feeling a lot more at ease after reading this thread, but still need to test as others have stated here. Today, after work, I will remote start and sit in the truck for a while to see if I can feel them before turning the key.

My 2018 definitely turns on the seat heaters when I remote start when the temperature is below some predetermined set-point.  (seems like they turn on in the 'low' setting, seat is warm but not as hot as it gets when I turn it on 'high')

I can confirm that the lights on the dash for the heated seats definitely are not on when I get into the truck.

I can also confirm that I do have to manually turn the seat heaters back on after inserting the key and turning the ignition to the 'Run' position.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darmichar said:

My 2018 definitely turns on the seat heaters when I remote start when the temperature is below some predetermined set-point.  (seems like they turn on in the 'low' setting, seat is warm but not as hot as it gets when I turn it on 'high')

I can confirm that the lights on the dash for the heated seats definitely are not on when I get into the truck.

I can also confirm that I do have to manually turn the seat heaters back on after inserting the key and turning the ignition to the 'Run' position.

Greatly appreciate the confirmation!

2 hours ago, C Turner said:

Greatly appreciate the confirmation!

Also the seats will be on during remote start but they won't be very "hot" when you first sit in them.  They need something against the heating elements to really get up to temp.  So don't expect them to be super-toasty when you first climb in but once you start the truck with the key and manually turn the switch on they will heat up faster than if you hadn't done a remote start.

Hope this makes sense ...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sk said:

Also the seats will be on during remote start but they won't be very "hot" when you first sit in them.  They need something against the heating elements to really get up to temp.  So don't expect them to be super-toasty when you first climb in but once you start the truck with the key and manually turn the switch on they will heat up faster than if you hadn't done a remote start.

Hope this makes sense ...

It does not, but you sounded pretty confident with your quote, so I will go with what you said.

• Haha 1