Seat Heater come on with Remote Start?

Hey all,

It's getting cold and had a question for those with seat heaters.

On my 2016 CCSB LT, I have the option in the radio menu to have my seat heaters come on with the remote start option.

I have tried this several times and it seems my seats don't heat up. Can someone with seat heaters and this option confirm if their seats heat up and if so, does the LED indicator on the seat heaters button come on letting you know it's on?

My wife's seats in her traverse comes on with remote start.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They out weight sensors in the seats on the 2014 and the 2015 so they will not heat up unless someone is in them.

Now my new 2016 Sierra seems to be heating the seat when I start it from the App but I will let you know once it gets real cold. The 2014 never did this.

The seat warmers work allot better in the 2016 as well they are warm with in a minute the 2014 took almost 10 minutes to warm up the seats..

aside from me chuckling about the guy in Dallas asking about seat warmers....

Yes, they do come on with remote start. I don't think any of the dash light come on until you put the key in, but I cannot verify that right now.

If you have the cloth seats, you probly don't feel it on the surface of the fabric. I think the heat elements are down in the padding so until you sit on it for 30 seconds you don't feel the heat.

if you want to confirm, some morning when you have a few minutes, try sitting in the cab and remote starting it. I bet you will feel it warm up in about 1 minute.

aside from me chuckling about the guy in Dallas asking about seat warmers....

Yes, they do come on with remote start. I don't think any of the dash light come on until you put the key in, but I cannot verify that right now.

If you have the cloth seats, you probly don't feel it on the surface of the fabric. I think the heat elements are down in the padding so until you sit on it for 30 seconds you don't feel the heat.

if you want to confirm, some morning when you have a few minutes, try sitting in the cab and remote starting it. I bet you will feel it warm up in about 1 minute.

Hey now, we get some slightly cold weather in Texas sometimes! haha.

I can confirm that the seat warms up in my '16 with remote start. Seat cooler also can be activated via remote start.

• Like 1

My '14 seat heaters were the same way. They're poorly designed. I wanted my seats warm prior to the cabin being warm. My seats would eventually heat up, but by the time they were warm, the cabin was also warm, and they weren't needed. It's another example of the '14+ trucks going backwards in design / function.

I talked to a guy from TX yesterday. He mentioned it was going to drop below 60 and everyone was getting their outerwear ready. Just for reference, it's 13 degrees here in Iowa as I type this...

• Like 1

My '14 seat heaters were the same way. They're poorly designed. I wanted my seats warm prior to the cabin being warm. My seats would eventually heat up, but by the time they were warm, the cabin was also warm, and they weren't needed. It's another example of the '14+ trucks going backwards in design / function.

I talked to a guy from TX yesterday. He mentioned it was going to drop below 60 and everyone was getting their outerwear ready. Just for reference, it's 13 degrees here in Iowa as I type this...

I don't know that it is really a poor design, its just how the seat works. Imagine putting an oven mitt on your hand while grabbing a hot pizza pan from the oven. The pan is hot but you don't feel it. Just like the seats. the internals are warm, but because of the padding, it takes a little bit for the heat to reach your @$$.

I think I turned my seat warmers on twice last year. As you said, when you remote start and the cabin is warm, they are not really needed. plus, when I'm dressed for winter weather, the last thing i want is a sweaty rear end. I guess the guys in texas don't own any carhartts so they need to keep the butt warm.

• Like 1

I'm in Wisconsin, so it's been plenty cold so far... my seat warmers come on with remote start. The lights do not turn on until I put my key in.

The only part I don't care for is it turns both seats on, and I can't select if I'd prefer just the driver or something.

I have cloth seats, and once you open the door and sit down, it only takes a couple seconds to feel the heat. As someone said, the warming elements may be a little deeper in the seat, so until you press the fabric against them, you may not feel much by placing your hand on the seat.

Last thing, I know there's a specific temperature it has to be below before this function will activate. I don't know what it is off the top of my head, but you may look into that if yours really aren't turning on.

• Like 1

I knew the hits about "cold" in Texas would come out :). It is 31° out right now with winds. Nothing compared to up north. But my wife and I both have bad backs so we usually have the seat warmers on all the time. When I activated the button, it warms up quick... I was just curious on the option in the radio that is set to "auto heat seats on with remote start option". I'll have to do some testing today... just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing especially with the Door Panel Harness modding I've been doing.

I don't know that it is really a poor design, its just how the seat works. Imagine putting an oven mitt on your hand while grabbing a hot pizza pan from the oven. The pan is hot but you don't feel it. Just like the seats. the internals are warm, but because of the padding, it takes a little bit for the heat to reach your @$$.

I think I turned my seat warmers on twice last year. As you said, when you remote start and the cabin is warm, they are not really needed. plus, when I'm dressed for winter weather, the last thing i want is a sweaty rear end. I guess the guys in texas don't own any carhartts so they need to keep the butt warm.

Carhartts? What are those [emoji12]. J/K.

• Like 1

Carhartts? What are those [emoji12]. J/K.

LOL.

If you want to see what some people from up north wear in Dallas on Jan 2, stop by Jerry World to see the Badgers in the Cotton Bowl. I'm betting there will be a lot of shorts. and a lot of Miller Lite.

• Like 2

My previous employer was in Sioux Falls, SD. So I know what "cold" is. But you get used to Texas weather, that when it drops below 50°, that's cold for us.

Edited by pgamboa

The logic makes sense. What I'm comparing them to is previous generations of GM trucks, as well as other manufacturer's heated seats. It has been mentioned in the past that there may be some liability when previous generations of heated seats were too warm for people with limited feeling in their extremities. I agree they're likely functioning as designed, but I certainly wasn't happy with that design.

What I'm comparing them to is previous generations of GM trucks, as well as other manufacturer's heated seats. It has been mentioned in the past that there may be some liability when previous generations of heated seats were too warm for people with limited feeling in their extremities. I agree they're likely functioning as designed, but I certainly wasn't happy with that design.

I have never had heated seats in a previous vehicle, partly because I always bought used, and partly because I had no interest in them. But my wife has heated seats in her toyota with the fake leather-plastic seats. I can say that in her car, the seat surface does not feel warm to the touch either until one is sitting on it. I do think her seats get a bit warmer than mine, but I believe that is because of the ability of the seat material to transfer heat. As soon as I can feel the heat, I always turn it off immediately.

I knew the hits about "cold" in Texas would come out :). It is 31° out right now with winds. Nothing compared to up north. But my wife and I both have bad backs so we usually have the seat warmers on all the time. When I activated the button, it warms up quick... I was just curious on the option in the radio that is set to "auto heat seats on with remote start option". I'll have to do some testing today... just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing especially with the Door Panel Harness modding I've been doing.

Heated seats come on in my '16 with remote start. But they seem to heat up with remote only when it's chilly out and or the cabin is cool. Like you I need to experiment to see exactly what's what.

I had back surgery almost 20 years ago and the ol' back is purdy good, about 95%. But man the heat turned on to back/lumbar area is like heaven....it's therapy whilst driving along LOL. This is my 1st vehicle with heated seats and they've spoiled me :driving:

• Like 1