Seat Heater come on with Remote Start?

The seats do come on with remote start, they are on low and there are no LED indicators to show they are on. once you turn the truck on you will have to push the seat heaters buttons to bring them on high.

• Like 1

The seats do come on with remote start, they are on low and there are no LED indicators to show they are on. once you turn the truck on you will have to push the seat heaters buttons to bring them on high.

Test this morning... 28° and didn't feel any heat. Do you know if the both the seat bottom and seat back were warm or just the seat bottom? I'll need to push the button on low for reference and test again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read that the seats come on on the "high" setting if enabled during remote start.

I never enabled mine before reading this. So I turned them on and paid attention to mine this weekend. It was 20 degrees F outside. I remote started the truck, waited a while and got in and sat down without putting the key in. Initially the surface of the seat was cold, but it took about 15 seconds of sitting to feel the heat on my rear.

Then, once I put the key in, the seats turn off. So you really have no indicator to know if they "work" or not besides to feel them. And the surface won't feel warm until you compress the padding and get your arse down close to the coils.

• Like 1

Thanks! I tried this the other day. Remote started from On-Star Remote Link. By the time I went out, it was off. Got in, cab was warm and seat felt slightly warm. I have no option to set a "high" setting during remote start. I'll try sitting in it without putting the key in and turning to see if the seat warms up more sitting in it.

Maybe the trick is to sit in your truck and remote start it and see if the seats heat up and to what level. As others have said, the seats on the 2014+ warm up quicker and more effectively with a butt in the seat. If you turn the seat warmer on high and attempt to test their effectiveness by merely touching the seat, you'll think they don't work.

• Like 1

Maybe the trick is to sit in your truck and remote start it and see if the seats heat up and to what level. As others have said, the seats on the 2014+ warm up quicker and more effectively with a butt in the seat. If you turn the seat warmer on high and attempt to test their effectiveness by merely touching the seat, you'll think they don't work.

Thats my plan.

The heater elements in both the seat and back on both the driver and passenger seats of my '14 have burned out per the tech at the Chevy dealership. Very disappointing. Unfortunately, I'm out of warranty and the second owner so GMC is offering no assistance. The repair estimate is $1,300. If your considering buying this truck used, beware. GMC doesn't want to stand behind their product.

The heater elements in both the seat and back on both the driver and passenger seats of my '14 have burned out per the tech at the Chevy dealership. Very disappointing. Unfortunately, I'm out of warranty and the second owner so GMC is offering no assistance. The repair estimate is $1,300. If your considering buying this truck used, beware. GMC doesn't want to stand behind their product.

The seats are not to hard to take apart.

I would just replace the heating pads my self.

I watched them pop my seat pad off on my 2014 to replace it and they didn't even remove the seat.

If your considering buying this truck used, beware. GMC doesn't want to stand behind their product.

Yes, it is disappointing when any parts fail on your vehicle. I have yet to have a mechanic/dealership replace anything for free when I have no waranty left.

When i have bought my last 2 used vehicles i made sure to get them to agree that if i found anything wrong in the first month, i could bring it back and they would help me out. It has saved me a few hundred bucks on items that i did not notice on the initial test drive.

Hey now, we get some slightly cold weather in Texas sometimes! haha.

I can confirm that the seat warms up in my '16 with remote start. Seat cooler also can be activated via remote start.

Of course the 16 just has seat ventilation.

The last year for seat cooler was 2015

The seats are not to hard to take apart.

I would just replace the heating pads my self.

I watched them pop my seat pad off on my 2014 to replace it and they didn't even remove the seat.

Thinking about it but if what I've found the seat element is over $400 a piece. Crazy. The back element isn't but around $55.

Sorry if it was mentioned but I didn't notice if you said how cold it was in Texas when you were using the remote start, I know it is only supposed to activate the heaters below 10C (50F)

If you are looking for confirmation to see if they are activated remote start the truck then when you get in as you turn the key to the on position keep a close watch on the heated seats lights they should momentarily flash on before immediately turning off again which signal they we active with the remote start and are now off and require you to push the button again to reactivate. This is the case in both my truck and my wife's Buick.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Remote started my 17 two days ago from my phone when it was lower 30's here, start time was roughly 11 minutes before getting to the truck, but the heated seats along with the interior was nice and toasty warm when I got in the truck

I did not look or check the seat lights when I inserted the key but will the next time.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Here I go bringing old threads back to life again! 

Initially was upset my '15 Sierra Denali didn't seem to turn the seated heats on with remote start and even called the dealership. I was SURE they were feeding me a line of bull when they said the lights won't come on and I have to manually turn them on after I turn the key. I'm feeling a lot more at ease after reading this thread, but still need to test as others have stated here. Today, after work, I will remote start and sit in the truck for a while to see if I can feel them before turning the key.