When do you know it's time to get a new truck?

I hate payments,

Me too. I really hate car payments.

When I was in my 20's - I had 4 new vehicle (not at the same time). I just loved ordering new vehicles - the old menu style when every option was offered on any vehicle (almost any). Different colors on interior. Yes, you youngsters, there used to be something other then black cloth.

My 4 Chevrolet Chevettes all had vinyl seats - and loved them. Vinyl is gone (almost). Try to get vinyl seats in a Silverato (other the WT).

But back to payments. Today, the payments are obscene for those who don't put down large amounts. Either cash or trade.

• Like 2

I guess i'm in the minority. I've only had 3 daily drivers in the 20+ years of driving. I hope to keep my current truck for a very long time

Edited by bndawgs
  • Like 1

I'm very cheap, that being said when I get the urge I buy. I shop hard pay no interest and buy what's on sale. I don't consider 400$ per month high, as long as they fit into that box I'll buy new. The last ones going on two years, that's new maybe a new pattern developing we'll see. It's like an addiction, my wife says I'm glad it's cars and trucks it could be worse.

• Like 1

usually when i get bored with it. which is about a year into ownership. however this truck i leased and then bought out a year early. hopefully planning to sell it next spring and get back into a diesel which is what i really want again

Went to the local dealer today, sent this to my wife and said I need help picking one.

I get an LOL response

5287d9afd80d05366aa0177ad60c118d.jpg

Ryan B.

Thankfully that's pretty much what I see when I go browsing at my closest dealership. Orlando is definitely not the best place to look for duallys, from what I've seen anyway.

Lately when my lease term is up.... I really like this truck so I may keep it, if I do I'll trade it in before the value totally tanks, when it's still worth about 10-12k trade in to make a new one affordable on a 72 month buy...

Chevy Trucks are a hobby for me. I shop, wait for a sale and dicker hard on the price. Have a 2015 Silverado half ton currently. I had a 2013 GMC Sierra that had a few issues. Headlights kept getting condensation was minor. Paint coming off was the big issue on roof area that meets windshield. Other issue was I was waiting for my garage to be built, and I was parking it outside. The truck got infested with Asian Beetles. They were everywhere. I waited until the 16's came out and bought a leftover 2015 Black LTZ.

That said, I'm ready to trade. It's a year and half into ownership with 20K miles. Love the truck and it's been 100% problem free. Why trade you ask? I had never owned a black vehicle. Since building a garage, I loved Black. Chevy trucks is a hobby for me along with detailing vehicles. I'm a fanatic about them being clean. Since a Chevy truck is not my daily driver, I wash the truck every time I drive it. But, I would just about give this truck away. Every time I turn around I find a scuff mark, a swirl, a rock chip and the list goes on and on. For the truck I said I would put at least 70K miles on, I'm ready to move it at 20K. Even though I'm a clean freak about a vehicle, I will not buy white.

• 1 month later...

I keep my trucks until something bad happens to it like i had a 2000 1500 Chevy with over 400k miles it had a engine fire so i had it towed to the dealer to trade it in for a new truck

• 9 months later...

This old thread reminded me of an old friend, now gone.  He was my airplane partner way back.  He had an addiction to cars and trucks.  From the time I met him to when he passed away, he had so many vehicles I can't recall all of them.  Later in his life, it was new vehicles.  At one point, his monthly nut was more than my house payment for a $360k house which I had just bought. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 3:19 AM, unit731 said:

Me too. I really hate car payments.

When I was in my 20's - I had 4 new vehicle (not at the same time). I just loved ordering new vehicles - the old menu style when every option was offered on any vehicle (almost any). Different colors on interior. Yes, you youngsters, there used to be something other then black cloth.

My 4 Chevrolet Chevettes all had vinyl seats - and loved them. Vinyl is gone (almost). Try to get vinyl seats in a Silverato (other the WT).

But back to payments. Today, the payments are obscene for those who don't put down large amounts. Either cash or trade.

Well, I suppose a crew cab leather equipped Silverado is a big nut.  But a Chevy Spark is only $13k base.  That’s a modern Chevette imo.  Pretty economical I’d say.

Edited by Spurshot