Adding keypad keyless entry?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll pass. Battery powered and can't change it.

Keys have worked for me for 50 years. :happysad:

The Compustar keyless entry pad mounts inside the windshield, and definitely looks a lot cleaner. No batteries either. Just saying. Aftermarket accessories beat "oem" most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've been on vacation for the past few weeks traveling with my dog and something I'd really like to have on my truck even before this trip is a keypad for keyless entry. Yes I have a fob remote and the OnStar/GMC app but it would be so nice to be able to not worry about locking my keys/remote in the truck and phone especially with my dog in the southern heat by accident. So has anyone attempted to add a keypad on there 2014+ truck and if so will it interfere with the alarm or fob or phn apps?

can't you go into your 'settings' and make it so you have to use the fob to lock the doors? i know with my truck i can't lock myself out. even if i lock the doors then try to close them really fast they still unlock. the doors have to be closed and then locked from outside with the fob (i'm sure the key would lock them too, i've just never tried)

this is a "free" mod and you aren't sticking a keypad to your door.

i guess a plus for the keypad is you can get into your truck if you don't have your keys on you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered one from the dealer today, I'm going to try to have it installed on the back side of the fuel door so it's hidden.

I will keep you all posted

Has anyone installed this themself? Or it required dealer installs for programming?

I love how when the guy who knows if it can be made to work on a particular vehicle comes in and says it wont work that everyone second guesses that person and said "well someone will figure it out".

Nice to see the 17's are getting it, sucks it is a non-user replaceable battery in it. That alone would keep me from doing it.

Requires dealer programming. I am headed to mine tomorrow. Will be sticking to inside of fuel door versus on exterior.

Which is perfect if it will work there. I'm in if that is the case. I'm curious about the battery life and if it is possible to change depending on the mount location.

Will someone tell me if this will work on a 2016 Sierra! We're all dying to know if it will work in the 2014-2016 and why wouldn't it!?

I am guessing you missed where Chris said no it will not work on anything other than 2017 or newer. He is the guy in the know since he knows the GM programming.

• 3 weeks later...

I put one in. Attached to the inside of the gas door so isn't on the exterior of the vehicle.

Does it just unlock or does it also lock your doors? Do you get to program your own code or do you have to tell the dealer what code you want?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Have only used to unlock thus far. Can try to see if it locks too. There is a master code from the factory and you can then choose your own 5 digit code as well which you can then change at any time using the master code.

Archived