Dealership experience vote!

How many people test dr  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've bought 5 trucks 7 suv's all new and 1 used Blazer always taken great care of us and other family members!

All from JOHN H. TAPPER in PAW PAW MI if you're close take a drive to see what this small town dealership has to offer!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand somebody who goes online everyday to putdown, belittle, argue, contradict/criticize somebody else's decision. I'm funny that way!

No idea what your problem is. My point is that when you shell out $40 - $50 thousand, or several hundred dollars every month for half a decade, you should have gotten what you wanted.

No idea what your problem is. My point is that when you shell out $40 - $50 thousand, or several hundred dollars every month for half a decade, you should have gotten what you wanted

There are some out there who are perfectly fine with not having gotten exactly what they wanted. And there are those to whom it will bother them until they get another truck

Buying off a dealer's lot requires some flexibility and the buyer has to decide what he can do with and do without. I shopped for some weeks for an F150 with dealers in a 100 miles radius and just couldn't pay for moon roofs, HD towing and off-road packages that I would never use for a street queen truck . So I checked Chevy dealers and found exactly what I was looking for (less voice navigation) in an LTZ 4 miles away.

As it turns out I didn't need voice navigation when Onstar offers short-term data plans where one can use an I-pad and google maps while driving to navigate. Little did I know about this until after ownership. The only way to get exactly what you want is to order it and when June arrives that option is no longer available.

It's amusing to see some owners here wanting to trade front-ends, doors, buying decals for a make-believe model truck that they want. :rolleyes:

Buying off a dealer's lot requires some flexibility and the buyer has to decide what he can do with and do without. I shopped for some weeks for an F150 with dealers in a 100 miles radius and just couldn't pay for moon roofs, HD towing and off-road packages that I would never use for a street queen truck . So I checked Chevy dealers and found exactly what I was looking for (less voice navigation) in an LTZ 4 miles away.

As it turns out I didn't need voice navigation when Onstar offers short-term data plans where one can use an I-pad and google maps while driving to navigate. Little did I know about this until after ownership. The only way to get exactly what you want is to order it and when June arrives that option is no longer available.

It's amusing to see some owners here wanting to trade front-ends, doors, buying decals for a make-believe model truck that they want. :rolleyes:

Technically, the buyer if dealing with Dealer Lot vehicles should have price advantage and should use that to their advantage. I would advise anybody who wants to maximize their savings to negotiate the lot vehicles.....maybe, I have been getting screwed over the years and should just sit down with the sales person and order everything that I want/and don't need?

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience there are at least two advantages to ordering:

1. You get what you want.

2. You get the best price. It's a "sold unit" - zero floor plan costs, etc.

Are you sure about No. 2 above? I thought that dealers are more motivated to move inventory off their lots. So if they already have the vehicle on their lot, they want it off! Also, there are manufacturer discounts that may or may not be available when your order arrives. But you know for sure if the manufacturer discount applies when you are already at the dealer on that specific day with a specific car on the lot. At least this is my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure about No. 2 above? I thought that dealers are more motivated to move inventory off their lots. So if they already have the vehicle on their lot, they want it off! Also, there are manufacturer discounts that may or may not be available when your order arrives. But you know for sure if the manufacturer discount applies when you are already at the dealer on that specific day with a specific car on the lot. At least this is my understanding.

Your correct! He has problems finding the forest through the trees? You want PRICE? GET IT OFF THE LOT!

Yes, I'm sure. A sold unit was, essentially, never on the lot. An in and out deal is the epitome of moving inventory.

We were officially looking at cars for my wife, but I had been thinking about getting something else for myself. We had went on a Saturday, and talked to a salesperson for her. I looked online over the weekend, found the truck I wanted. Texted the sales guy Monday morning the stock number, and when I showed up at the dealership, the truck was sitting up front. Took it for a test drive and liked it. When we got back I told the salesman what it would take to sell me a truck that day and they went for it. All went well, and was at the dealership about 90 minutes total (they did a really nice job detailing). Total pleasant experience.

Only drove one and told them I'd be back in a few days to do the deal. Pissed at my salesman though. Bought a used 2015 and it was missing something on the test drive and when I picked it up. Said they'd order it and send it. Still waiting 4 weeks later. Was told it was on back order for weeks. Called their parts department the other day and they said one was in stock in Chicago. Called the sales man and said WTH. Still waiting! We shall see.

• 3 weeks later...

Manufacturer discounts vary all the time. Should you buy today or in three weeks. Maybe the deals will be better when the vehicle arrives than when ordered? Always a crap shoot.

Archived