Dealership experience vote!

How many people test dr  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't purchase vehicles from dealerships anymore. I go thru an auto broker for new or used. Couldn't be happier. No more losing my temper and wanting to punch out a salesman.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my truck in 2015 from my local dealership; a "flagship" location. I have purchased my last 3 vehicles from them and am very happy with their service. And even after buying the vehicle they are good to deal with on service, parts, accessories, etc.

My factory ordered truck came on January 3rd 2017. I ordered the 5.3 with 3.42 gears and G80 dif. I went and bought it. That weekend I went through the glove box codes and realized I had a 3.08 geared truck. The dealer messed up.

I spent a good part of my day arguing at the dealer. But I was victorious. They took the current truck back, reversed the loan, and reversed the DMV registration. No cost to me and they can sell the truck as new. I seriously had no idea this was possible. This is my first time ever buying a new vehicle.

I stipulated that for the inconvenience of now having to wait for a new truck (their fault) that I would like the trailering package and brake controller included for my exact previous price for the truck without those options. At first they hemmed and hawed and said absolutely not, we cannot afford to take that much of a hit (BS). I said fine, you are showing your true colors as a dealership, I want my deposit back. I tossed them my keys and walked out. I stood outside for awhile talking to other salesman. They had all heard me yelling. Eventually the manager came out and said they'd do it and give me 200 in gift cards on top. I was happy and told them they had a deal. Still probably getting a screwed somehow but my payments are the same and I'm getting an even better optioned truck.

It pays to hold your ground and seriously call them out on their BS when they mess up and inconvenience you. The dealer was Heritage in Owings Mills, MD. The treated me right after some haggling.

My factory ordered truck came on January 3rd 2017. I ordered the 5.3 with 3.42 gears and G80 dif. I went and bought it. That weekend I went through the glove box codes and realized I had a 3.08 geared truck. The dealer messed up.

I spent a good part of my day arguing at the dealer. But I was victorious. They took the current truck back, reversed the loan, and reversed the DMV registration. No cost to me and they can sell the truck as new. I seriously had no idea this was possible. This is my first time ever buying a new vehicle.

I stipulated that for the inconvenience of now having to wait for a new truck (their fault) that I would like the trailering package and brake controller included for my exact previous price for the truck without those options. At first they hemmed and hawed and said absolutely not, we cannot afford to take that much of a hit (BS). I said fine, you are showing your true colors as a dealership, I want my deposit back. I tossed them my keys and walked out. I stood outside for awhile talking to other salesman. They had all heard me yelling. Eventually the manager came out and said they'd do it and give me 200 in gift cards on top. I was happy and told them they had a deal. Still probably getting a screwed somehow but my payments are the same and I'm getting an even better optioned truck.

It pays to hold your ground and seriously call them out on their BS when they mess up and inconvenience you. The dealer was Heritage in Owings Mills, MD. The treated me right after some haggling.

Did you physically rotate a rear tire to check your gearing? How do you know the glove box code is correct? Are they always 100% accurate?

Did you physically rotate a rear tire to check your gearing? How do you know the glove box code is correct? Are they always 100% accurate?

Glove box code said GU4 for 3.08s. And the window sticker which they put in the glove box said 3.08s. No need to check.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a used 2014 Silverado Dc from Gmc Boucher two weeks later had seat belt recall they said they should never sold truck without fixing recall first so I had a loaner for couple weeks waiting for parts.I looked around on Boucher website they had a 2016 Silverado CC new which would have been better with my needs but it was from frank Boucher.Gmc backed out the deal and worked something out with frank Boucher and bam I spent 8 more grand but got new truck with extended factory warranty.Truck was on sale for 38,000 and Gmc couldn't/wouldn't match it on a new truck.

Long story but Gmc Boucher sold us a nice dodge nitro but found issues later. I was trading in found out it was damaged (frame) car fax didn't show it but auto check did,had hard time trading it in I was going to buy a ram called Gmc to complain and got sucked in on the 2014,frank Boucher seem more professional glad I got the 2016 cc very happy.I looked at advertisement on 2016 it said 3.08 rear but when I got there to drive it,it had 3.42 gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for something to replace my 08 Silverado, sort of. It was an ltz, but I felt all the plastic was cheap. I had a few thousand to play with as a down payment and a bit of equity in my 08. It was a good time to buy. Figured I'd look at the 14. Wow did Chevy step up their game. Truck rode great and super quiet. Left without buying, came back a few days later and test drove it again. Bought it the next week. I don't rush into these things. Salesman was OK, dealership was OK. It went downhill quick after that...Lol 8000 miles later I traded it off.

Sales half of the dealership gets good marks, service.... Well let's just say that I won't ever, ever go back there again and buy. Might test drive some stuff because they are really close. Staying local doesn't always pay off and it doesn't matter to me on vehicle purchases anymore.

When the release video posted I had a feeling I was a goner. By the following spring semester I was joking around with coworkers that I needed $50K to go buy a truck. Seeing as I was in school, I was just looking for fun.

Come the spring of my second to last year, I was looking a bit more seriously, figured I would order my truck just how I wanted. Then over the summer the 16 refresh was unveiled, and I went into full panic mode. I had my heart set on a brand new 2015.

Over the fall I started compiling a list of possible trucks around the country so that I could go looking after I graduated. Dropped my color requirements (at the time it was Victory Red), had a nice list.

By the end of January, it was becoming apparent that I wasn't going to get a 2015, so I started looking at 2016s. Deep Ocean Blue immediately grabbed my attention, and superceded Victory Red (though it was discontinued).

Dad had asked me to find him a '15 CC LTZ Z71 with the 6.2., So I was looking for him. Ever the overly generous Dad he is, he told me to find one "within driving distance", and we'd go get it. He'd float me dough until graduation, and then I'd pay him back.

I had dad a list of 15 trucks, but none for me. Dejected, I decided to check local dealer sites as opposed to autotrader and cars.com. Nothing in Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota, a CC in Utah. I discovered that Missoula, Montana had a fairly large GM dealer.

And there they were. A Granite blue DC, and then the Deep Ocean Blue DC. Ran down the options list, and grew more excited as I ticked all my boxes. Sent it to dad, and he said he'd look into it.

In classic Dad fashion, he had them find him one 150 miles further west, trailer it out to Missoula, and they got our trucks off the lot February 15th.

Dad got his at the end of February, and then drove me out March 3rd.

Dealer was great, got some nice discounts for years' end clearance. Still can't believe they held them that long.

17,791 miles later, I couldn't be happier. First new vehicle and I got the one I was daydreaming about. Man I love that Deep Ocean Blue. Lucky me :D

Sorry to ramble, a great story with a great ending.

• 4 months later...

I don't purchase vehicles from dealerships anymore. I go thru an auto broker for new or used. Couldn't be happier. No more losing my temper and wanting to punch out a salesman.

Ha,Ha yeah almost got arrested at a Nissan dealership! I am over it now..................give me the keys, why does this take 7hr?

Can't go wrong at Lauras GMC, best prices and no hassles. Flew to St. Louis and they were waiting for me at the airport and was driving home within an hour and a half of getting to the dealership. Even with the plane ticket and $75 in fuel I still saved thousands over any local dealer and price included leveling kit and wheels/tires.

My old vehicle was about to start nickle and diming me.

I went in to look at my 17 LT Z71, freaked out when I saw the price so I test drove a 16 LT w/8k miles instead.

I liked it, but when we ran the numbers for the 16, I decided to buy my 17 with 11 miles for $3k more.

I only started up and sat in my 17 up before I bought it, haha.

I love it and still am extremely happy with my decision.

Archived