Dealership experience vote!

How many people test dr  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just getting a friendly view of the community we have here. And how we got our trucks. The stories, and mindset we had while in the dealership and when we first got a glimpse at the new body style. How many vehicles you've had. Views on them. And path we see ourselves taking with our truck. Modifications, leasing, passing it down.

Share your thoughts!! Let's hear em!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really was planning on getting a silverado z71 LT. Went to 4 or 5 chevy dealerships and they pretty much told me I would not get what I want for what I can spend. So I just happen to drive by a GMC dealer stopped in talked to a super nice salesman and told him what I was wanting to do. Long story short...he made me a great deal on a 2015 Sierra sle Z71 with everything I wanted and more. Very happy with it. No vibes so far-non of the stuff I read about on here. I have had the truck for a little over a year and 17,000 miles and 0 issues. Only been back to dealer for the oil changes and they have been fantastic to me. This is my 7th GM vehicle and still very happy.

I'm lucky to have two great dealers in my area. A Chevy dealer and a GMC- Hyundai dealer. In the last 25 years lve bought several Chevys GMCs and Hyundai's and have been very happy. Before that I bought Fords, they didn't appreciate my business after several Fords forcing me across the HWY. I didn't have a problem with the product just the service.

test drove a couple and this one dealer gave me a deal that I could not refuse. This is one fine dam machine LOL to borrow the McDonalds jingle I'M LOVIN IT

I did everything online and phone before getting there but once I did get there I took it on a small test drive and yes, I still have it. It is a 2014 with almost 40k and I am glad I bought it.

I was searching for a new or gently used Silverado LTZ double or crew cab with 6.2. That meant 2014 or newer I believe. Best price I found locally was just over $50,000 and would have to order it. I found my 15 in Missouri at Riley Chevy. It was a 4 hour drive one way but got it for $37,000. Very happy with Riley and my truck. I had a vibration issue pop up 2 weeks after I bought it and took it to my local dealer kind of wondering how they would treat me. They ordered and installed a torque converter fixing my problem and did it in just a few days. Both dealerships went above what I expected

My 2009 was a sign and drive. My 2014 was a just looking and wound up signing on the line. My 2016 was a sign and drive as well. No problems with any of the trucks 14 to 16 was just an upgrade from DC to CC. None of the 3 were test driven before I drove home off the lot. I have no complaints.

Actually I did go looking at my GM "Red Tag" LTZ and drove it, then looked at a nice silver LT and the salesman told me to take it home to show Mom. I told him to "Be prepared to show her the LTZ when we come back with the LT." Sure enough Mom took the LTZ out with me again and we went to a secluded office building parking lot to really look it all over and that was it. She liked to dual 10 way power seats! The salesman never accompanied us after my first drive.

When we were going through it with the salesman with the truck just outside his window, someone drove it off and I jumped up to look. The salesman told us "You're taking it home tonight and the guys are going to prep it." It still had the plastic covering the interior. We never gave them any money that day but of course that's after they run your credit score and by letting us take it home they hope that you "Fall in love" with it and don't change your mind the next day when you give them the money!

I told him later that letting us take the LTZ by ourselves to quiet spot to REALLY look it over probably made the sale. I think he already knew that.

I found one I liked and drove it. Loved the ride and how quiet it was. Would've pulled the trigger but had set a goal of having a $10,000 down payment saved up and I was about a grand short. So I walked away. My motto, when it comes to buying vehicles and houses is, "there's always another truck/house" don't get new car fever.

Salesman called me back about 2 weeks later and said they just dropped the price on it. Boom, I had new car fever. Had it about 10 months now. 12,000 miles and love it.

Glad to see the majority is happy with their experience and their truck!

I recall the day I went to the dealership. I had two printouts of the trucks I wanted to look at. Snooped around. Gawked at the Midnight Z71. Uhff. And then looked at a stock, 2wd double cab. Salesman, who has sold to my family before, came to help. Brought out the first truck. Sat in it, started it up, set my radio station while they went to go get a test drive plate. And we were off on our test.

I remember coming to my first red light. And thought the truck was off. Since it idled so quietly. Didn't want to reach for the key, didn't want to ask. So just hoped it would move when it turned green. Haha. Took it on the highway and came back to the lot.

Next thing we were sat down talking about the deal that could be made.

Ended up with putting my S10 in as money down and I was driving off the lot with my truck with 11 miles on the dash.

2015 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab.

26,000 miles and almost 2 years in April. With no issues. Love this girl!

I first stopped in to look at a couple white sierra's I saw on the dealer website. Test drove it but it wasn't quit what I wanted since I wanted the slt premium package and it didn't have that. The models that came with that option were too pricey so I left.

Dec 24 2014 I'm looking on their website and see one with all the options I wanted with the 20% off msrp for the GMC holiday event. Called and said I'm on my way! Test drove it and said I needed to leave for a Christmas party and didn't have time to sit there and haggle. They let me take the truck for an extended test drive and brought it back the day after Christmas. Ended up buying it of course! Awesome dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at a few used trucks here and there for a few months. Then soon I started going

To Dealer websites looking for deals and building trucks on Chevy site.. Throughout my searching I was always drawn to photos of the Emrald Green Silverado. This color usually on high country or Ltz models which always seemed a little pricey for me.Then all the sudden one day I got a random email from a dealer 2hr south of me with a special on a emerald green LT 4x4 crew. I drove down to. Victory and test drove

It

Then I

Bought it!

One of the most useful things I always do when looking for a new vehicle is roam the dealer's car lots on a quiet Sunday Morning. If it's not enclosed with a fence you can get right to the window stickers and you can see everything they have in their inventory. No salesman looking over your shoulder. I still do this even after buying new just to see what's out there and what's new.

If you are serious about buying and see something you like a visit to the dealer during the next week saves both of you a lot of time. All you need to do is test drive, perhaps take it home to show Mom, and settle on a price.

Archived