6.2 with afe intake = 36hp!

I thought you were the only one that knew how every factory part flows.

nope, I only know how the intake flows

Next time you accuse a business of deception on a public forum, especially a small business, and especially where said business gets a good portion of their customers from, be sure to back it up that claim with real evidence. You're really just being a huge **** without it.

• Like 2

nope, I only know how the intake flows

Next time you accuse a business of deception on a public forum, especially a small business, and especially where said business gets a good portion of their customers from, be sure to back it up that claim with real evidence. You're really just being a huge **** without it.

Deception? Lol. Everybody is entitled to there opinion, even if it's different than yours. Get over it.

• Like 2

Deception? Lol. Everybody is entitled to there opinion, even if it's different than yours. Get over it.

No you are not entitled to your opinion as this is not a subjective discussion, we are discussing factual data and whether it is true or false. You have been trying to prove your point with data this entire time.

No you are not entitled to your opinion as this is not a subjective discussion, we are discussing factual data and whether it is true or false. You have been trying to prove your point with data this entire time.

Whaaaaat??? LOL...Settle down there.

• Like 1

Cam is the same apparently. Intake, exhaust, tune are the only differences between LT1 and L86.

Right. But it's not going to suck in more air than it's capably of using just because the air is there. Obviously a 1" intake tube wouldn't flow nearly enough air. Conversely, if "more air" was always the answer, all manufacturers would have a giant 3 foot diameter orifice at the front of all of their intakes, with a screen on the front to keep out birds. And those BS K+N demos claiming "3x more air flow!" would have really yeilded their advertised +30 hp on every single car ever made instead of jack squat. Typically, CAI's without a tune make minimal hp gains. This has been proven time and time again with various dyno tests over the years. Throw a tune on and they typically add a handful of hp. Apparently one out of this bunch was able to add 25 hp without a tune. That is certainly not typical. I missed the point about the vacuum mentioned earlier so I'll have to go see if a logical explanation was included.

That's why people were talking about the map readings before and after installing an intake. Before the intake, readings were, IIRC 93-94kpa. 100kpa would be perfect and a good setup will pull around 98-99kpa. The fact that it is 93-94kpa shows that there is a restriction as the intake manifold is not able to reach atmospheric pressure. By installing a better intake, they noted it would jump up to 98-99kpa.

That's the short version of a long explanation proving that there is a restriction, stock. And that the engine would benefit from a better setup. Initially people thought the low map / kpa readings were due to the intake manifold but it was proven it's much more from the intake itself.

I just installed the afe momentum on my 2017 5.3 this afternoon. Was talking with afe before ordering and they said to see if it fits and if it didn't they would take back and pay for shipping. No fitment issues during install.

Better get some wheelie bars and a chute.

• Like 1