Pinstripe

Just curious if anyone has a pinstripe on their truck? With the exception of my truck and my dad's 2016 2500 duramax I've never seen another k2xx with a pinstripe.

Nope, no stripe here.

Used to be a blood sport in the 80s and before...the dealer installed $300 $5 adhesive pinstripe... heh.

I suspect the striping on your dad 's truck was added by the dealer, if purchased new, or possibly later, if purchased used.

I believe pin striping is out of vogue now-a-days for most buyers.

It's like fashion...things come and go.

Remember the "gold packages" in the 90s? The gold badges and such? Hardly seen anymore on new vehicles...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Nope, no stripe here.

Used to be a blood sport in the 80s and before...the dealer installed $300 $5 adhesive pinstripe... heh.

I suspect the striping on your dad 's truck was added by the dealer, if purchased new, or possibly later, if purchased used.

I believe pin striping is out of vogue now-a-days for most buyers.

It's like fashion...things come and go.

Remember the "gold packages" in the 90s? The gold badges and such? Hardly seen anymore on new vehicles...

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Yea I know what you mean. I'm guessing the dealer added it to both our trucks before purchased. If it's just a simple stripe down the side it doesn't look bad, to me at least.

For $6. , a contrasting narrow stripe helps to split the view on a tall panel, especially those with a body color side molding. No purpose other than eye appeal and blends in with any rear quarter decal. No worse than a chrome side molding.

post-156616-0-18097500-1486094444_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen them on a few, but not too many. Personally, I like the pinstripes that are done tastefully, but I haven't found any that I like enough to add to my truck.

• Like 2

My new 2015 truck sold with a thin red stripe added. No information about the stripe was listed on the sales window sticker. I asked the sales rep about it and he said it was a dealer added item, but provided no further information. I haven't noticed a similar stripe on any other dealer truck.

post-160111-0-19435700-1486131629_thumb.jpg

I had a tasteful pinstripe, no note of it on the window sticker, ultimately removed it. Glad I did but still appreciated what it looked like when it was there. It wasn't a straight line, but MOL followed the sheet metal lines at the A pillar, turning up over the metal Z71 4x4 emblem and continued across the tailgate.

I felt a little guilty about removing it...

Yea I know what you mean. I'm guessing the dealer added it to both our trucks before purchased. If it's just a simple stripe down the side it doesn't look bad, to me at least.

Probably. I'm with a few others here...

I have seen some striping jobs that look awesome. I have seen some that are, well, wtf?

Nothing wrong with it at all. Just a matter of personal taste. Keeps life interesting.

Just me....in order to make pinstripes look good and compliment the lines of the truck, there has to be a consistent straight panel crown down the sides and the pinstripes hand painted either above or below it. I've seen 14's+ with pinstripes and they just don't look quite right to me.

Yup mines got stripes all factory. 2014 silverado rally. I havent seen many with stripes down the side though. Kinda hard to see the ones on the side in the pics.

Just had the same design put on my truck, but not from the dealership. Went to a vehicle decalling place.