Front bumper air dam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know you don't have to remove the grill and bumper right??? Lol

Looks better

I have never had a problem with the air dam on my 2500, using it off road on the property. I go over a lot of cropland terraces, thru washouts, etc and haven't beaten it up. And my front is not lifted. Just lowered the back with a set of McGaughy's shackles. I even have a Curt front receiver hitch on the pickup that meets up at the bottom of the air dam and it is not an issue. Have a cover on it, and it has dug into some ground occasionally, but nothing to cause concern. I suppose if one is doing some Baja stuff or the Rubicon it might be an issue to leave the air dam on.

I have to concede that a pickup does look a little better without the air dam. Since they changed the style of air dam from the one I took off my 2013 1500 and the one that is on my 2015 2500, the latter one if I took it off would look a little goofy. I could see trimming the bottom of the air dam I suppose. About the only way I think my 2500 would look right is if I just yanked the entire bumper off and put on a major bumper / grill guard up grade like one of the Herd, Ali-Arc, or Dakota Hills bumper and grill guard combinations. Which one of those is in my future!

Like this.....

post-122677-0-63880100-1494516924_thumb.jpg

I have to concede that a pickup does look a little better without the air dam. Since they changed the style of air dam from the one I took off my 2013 1500 and the one that is on my 2015 2500, the latter one if I took it off would look a little goofy. I could see trimming the bottom of the air dam I suppose. About the only way I think my 2500 would look right is if I just yanked the entire bumper off and put on a major bumper / grill guard up grade like one of the Herd, Ali-Arc, or Dakota Hills bumper and grill guard combinations. Which one of those is in my future!

Like this.....

Screenshot 2017-05-11_10-34-39.jpg

I spoke with Dakota Hills. $2500 shipped for what I want. Low on the priority list but will buy eventually. Is Herd and Ali-Arc aluminum too? That's the major selling point of the Dakota Hills. And they look boss as hell

Yes, both Herd and Ali-Arc are both aluminum also. Any of these three would be as good as it gets for serious front end protection. This says it all.....

post-122677-0-51899000-1494532605_thumb.jpg

That was a Dakota Hills version.

Herd bumpers here:

http://herd.com/bumpers/pickups/

Ali-Arc here:

http://www.aliarc.com/products/details/?sect=pickups_1&brand_id=9

Shop all of them and get them to compete for your dollars!!!!!

I have a different brand on my semi truck, but similar, and I sent Bambi airborne a couple of nights ago in Nebraska. All I had was hair on the bumper. Not a bit of damage. But Bambi sure went for a ride. Not sure if was killed, but sure in a world of hurt.

Thanks for reminding me of all of this. Hadn't thought of one for the pickup in a while. Now going to have to see about rectifying that. Especially since I can write it off as a business expense!

Not sure what the shipping costs would be, but w/ the Cdn dollar being in the toilet (1 = .73US$), the Ali-Arc might save you some money.

Not sure if they make pick up bumpers, but they do make racks & tool boxes:

http://www.mikmak.net/

I was thinking of trimming the lower 'flange' of the air dam. But seeing how the bracing is attached, I gave up on that, pretty much @ the same time I found out about the BOSS trim insert.

Yes, both Herd and Ali-Arc are both aluminum also. Any of these three would be as good as it gets for serious front end protection. This says it all.....

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2017-05-11_14-56-24.jpg

That was a Dakota Hills version.

Herd bumpers here:

http://herd.com/bumpers/pickups/

Ali-Arc here:

http://www.aliarc.com/products/details/?sect=pickups_1&brand_id=9

Shop all of them and get them to compete for your dollars!!!!!

I have a different brand on my semi truck, but similar, and I sent Bambi airborne a couple of nights ago in Nebraska. All I had was hair on the bumper. Not a bit of damage. But Bambi sure went for a ride. Not sure if was killed, but sure in a world of hurt.

Thanks for reminding me of all of this. Hadn't thought of one for the pickup in a while. Now going to have to see about rectifying that. Especially since I can write it off as a business expense!

Mmmmm! That ad makes me feel like having fresh burgers for dinner! :)

These bumpers look extremely heavy duty but I would question how well the frame would hold up in a collision with five cows. At 2000lbs each they should practically stop the truck dead. The engine may not be damaged but wouldn't the frame be twisted so that an accurate alignment would be next to impossible to acheive? The truck certianly never be the same. They do look awesome though!

These bumpers look extremely heavy duty but I would question how well the frame would hold up in a collision with five cows. At 2000lbs each they should practically stop the truck dead. The engine may not be damaged but wouldn't the frame be twisted so that an accurate alignment would be next to impossible to acheive? The truck certianly never be the same. They do look awesome though!

I'm worried more about deer!

Archived