Backup Camera Monitor too bright at night

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 4:36 PM, jamin87ss said:

Guys on my 14 i went and bought a ipad screen protector, $1 store, trimed it to size and tinted it, hard to believe a 60k truck doesnt have the raidio on a seperate dimmer

My wife's CR-V (and our Pilot, before that) has a separate dimmer, on it, so it's apparently up to the manufacturer. 

Personally, I wish that all of the dash and NAV screen lights would dim down about another 15-25%.

• 2 years later...

Fairly old thread but wanted to get some feedback before I take my truck in for the update...

I called the dealer and the dude told me the last guy that had this done complained later that his screen was too dim even during the day, he wanted them to un-update it:-)

has anyone ran into that issue?

thanks.

20 hours ago, wayloncle said:

Fairly old thread but wanted to get some feedback before I take my truck in for the update...

I called the dealer and the dude told me the last guy that had this done complained later that his screen was too dim even during the day, he wanted them to un-update it:-)

thanks.

I had the update done on my '17 Silverado because I felt it was too bright at night. Seems ok to me now but I have also installed LED reverse light bulbs. I don't know if that changes things for you or not but works well for me. As a matter of fact, I add LED bulbs to the High cargo lamp and added the Boost Auto GM Tow Mirror Reverse & Cargo Install (DUAL FUNCTION) which adds a lot of light when I back up. Hope this helps

On 1/18/2021 at 12:53 PM, wayloncle said:

thanks.

Had the update done on my 18, still seems a little too bright to me, so one of these weekends, I'm going to remove one of the pins on the back of the unit.

On 1/18/2021 at 12:53 PM, wayloncle said:

thanks.

Had mine updated soon after purchasing and it is way better.