If you have any of the 22" factory wheels for the 1500 post here

SScarguy

That's why I spent the $250 on rim damage protection when I bought my truck with 22. What the heck did you hit?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There were two more dented that still held air. Had a little too much fun on a logging road late one night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were two more dented that still held air. Had a little too much fun on a logging road late one night.

youre lucky that's the only damage you got, VERY lucky

youre lucky that's the only damage you got, VERY lucky

It wasn't a big hit that did it, but a road littered with rocks. Those rims are so fragile you'd turn them into a square before you did any damage to the truck.

It wasn't a big hit that did it, but a road littered with rocks. Those rims are so fragile you'd turn them into a square before you did any damage to the truck.

lol

I think you just made my decision to sell my 22s and run my 18 midnight edition year round easier.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good looking tire. Are they very noisy on the freeway?

they aren't bad, but I also have my truck "straight piped" with a cutout so i hear more engine then anything. i would say on a stock truck yes they would be nosiy.

they aren't bad, but I also have my truck "straight piped" with a cutout so i hear more engine then anything. i would say on a stock truck yes they would be nosiy.

Thanks for the reply, food for thought.

well, this post fits a couple different topics but I thought I'd share it in here since its mainly about the 22s/33s. I decided after 4 months running 87 in the truck on these 33s( 33x12.5x22 mark ma Dakar Mts) to switch back 91 for my Bi monthly road trip to work. (765kms one way). I have a Diablo sport tuner that I really like, and I changed back to the 91 tune just before I left for my trip yesterday, after I'd filled up for the 3rd fill of 91, just to make sure all the 87 was flushed out. I was quite impressed with my mileage once again.

highway mileage on these 33s running 87: 16.5-17L/100k, or 14.2-13.8mpg for the southerners :)

I drive from Calgary Ab to Moosejaw Sk every two weeks. Elevation 3400ft-2400ft and opposite for reverse trip.

my trip yesterday, same trip just ran the 91 and tuned the truck to 91 tune.

765kms, I got 12.8-13.5L/100kms or 18.3-17.4mpg.

not the best I've gotten with this truck, but nice to see such an improvement with this tires on here. I worked out the math for the cost of fuel, and for my distance vs cost the 91 is only $0.02 cheaper then the 87, but I get almost 200kms more range out of a tank.

that along seems worth it to me. I hate having to stop every 400kms to fuel up. I got 756kms to estimated 90L yesterday. I'm pretty happy with the results.

my previous tires: 285/45/r22 bridgestone dualer ATs averaged out at 11.5L/100km on the highway before, so I'm pretty satisfied with my new mileage knowing how much bigger these tires are.

Cheers

Tj