Hideous front hood vent

Whats up with that ugly front hood vent thing on chevy trucks, Damn I thought I'd seen it all but I guess the engineers thought up a way to ruin the looks on an otherwise awesome truck it Totally unattractive hope it goes away

No...engineers thought of a sweet way to ram more air down the intake for the new Duramax. 100% functional. Patent pending air/water separator design. More cold air = more consistent power delivered by the engine at all times.

Edited by 15HDriver
  • Like 1

ok according to some of you its funtional also , I like my hood view unobstructed and sleek no cutouts no hood scoops lol that vent looks like a major bug and mud problem to me also

Hmmm I was looking at buying and HD diesel just to get the cool functional hood scoop cuz I really like it. Problem is that I want a Denali HD in the blue color and the bean counters have decided that the awesome Ocean Blue Metallic color is discontinued on the 2500HD Denali's.

ok according to some of you its funtional also , I like my hood view unobstructed and sleek no cutouts no hood scoops lol that vent looks like a major bug and mud problem to me also

not according to us, it is functional, thats it, look at the link I provided, I just installed it a few weeks ago.. The stock hood dips in .5 inches from sides to middle dip, the HD hood is 1.5" from lowest point in the middle to the top of the scoop. It literally adds 1" to the height of the hood. The view isn't obstructed at all, you literally loose 1" if view.... 1 inch man.

The vent can easily be washed out, it has a rubber grommet on the inside so you could pressure wash the inside of the scoop if you want and no water will get to the intake. Take a look at the link in my previous post, you'll see how it works. It's actually quite well thought out.

• Like 5

not according to us, it is functional, thats it, look at the link I provided, I just installed it a few weeks ago.. The stock hood dips in .5 inches from sides to middle dip, the HD hood is 1.5" from lowest point in the middle to the top of the scoop. It literally adds 1" to the height of the hood. The view isn't obstructed at all, you literally loose 1" if view.... 1 inch man.

The vent can easily be washed out, it has a rubber grommet on the inside so you could pressure wash the inside of the scoop if you want and no water will get to the intake. Take a look at the link in my previous post, you'll see how it works. It's actually quite well thought out.

So this hood can be transplanted on a 16 gasser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have you driven one on the road? I've driven two. Zero visibility issues, not any worse than my 2015 HD gas I had.

One guy here did it, but he didn't try the airbox as he had a cold air intake on his.

Gezus guys lol did no one look at the link of the conversion?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/198827-2017-hd-hood-conversion/page-1

Yes this fit on a 16 gmc, mine is a 17 same thing... it does not fot a Chevy. Just look at the link and everything fits fine. Air box and all.

Edited by TheGovernment
  • Like 1

I haven't caught any birds yet. I personally like the look. I love the engineering. Has a drain in the hood on the driver's side and plumbs to the air filter on the passenger side. Best benefit for me is more air and intake air temps that equal outside air temp! I'm guessing that will help a lot in the hot summer. We'll see.