Wireless charging

So at this point, does someone have a definitive list of OEM part numbers to be able to ADD this to the SLE 2016 Yukon XL that didn't come factory installed?

I know it needs a new harness since there is no 12V plug back there to plug in the wireless module (I opened and verified this).

I guess I'm looking for the module number, harness number, OEM trim pieces for the MAT, and whatever else is needed.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you.

Chris

• Like 1

So at this point, does someone have a definitive list of OEM part numbers to be able to ADD this to the SLE 2016 Yukon XL that didn't come factory installed?

I know it needs a new harness since there is no 12V plug back there to plug in the wireless module (I opened and verified this).

I guess I'm looking for the module number, harness number, OEM trim pieces for the MAT, and whatever else is needed.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you.
Chris

The module is compatible for any vehicles that have wireless charging. Module part # is 13521066. If your console already has wireless charging, you’ll just need the module and adapter harness. If you need those two items, I stock them.

If you are trying to retrofit this into a console that doesn’t have wireless charging, that may be a different path. You’ll need a lid that supports it.

I make a harness that T’s off the rear 12V plug for $45. Plugs inline to the 12V plug harnesses.

Lastly, not all charging mats fit the lids.

f82913f9f778e3c18ed7f57d16eb2c28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assumed my lid could just be remove the non ribbed mat and put in a ribbed mat and the charging module and harness. Is that not the case? It seems so from all the videos I see of people opening it up....the mounting pems are there, just no module.

I am looking for the OEM harness so that when charging is working the lightning bolt shows up on the screen, that needs the harness trigger wire in the OEM harness for that to happen.

I can do all the work, just need to know what PN of that harness should be to do it. I can't get a clear answer on the PN of an SLE trim that has wireless charging to buy that part. Many don't show the proper image of it either....so I'm hoping someone who's BTDT might know.

The 12v is the easy route, but I'm looking for a true OEM retro install....if I had taken the time to research SLE vs SLT vs Denali, I would have ensured to get a truck with it in.....unfortunately, it was an impulse buy and not enough research done to make a proper decision, so ultimately my fault.

As an FYI, in my 93 vette, I installed OEM FX3 ride control and LTPWS, so I understand what it takes to make this change and ensure proper wiring is in place to cover all the bases.

TY for the fast response.

Chris

I assumed my lid could just be remove the non ribbed mat and put in a ribbed mat and the charging module and harness. Is that not the case? It seems so from all the videos I see of people opening it up....the mounting pems are there, just no module.

I am looking for the OEM harness so that when charging is working the lightning bolt shows up on the screen, that needs the harness trigger wire in the OEM harness for that to happen.

I can do all the work, just need to know what PN of that harness should be to do it. I can't get a clear answer on the PN of an SLE trim that has wireless charging to buy that part. Many don't show the proper image of it either....so I'm hoping someone who's BTDT might know.

The 12v is the easy route, but I'm looking for a true OEM retro install....if I had taken the time to research SLE vs SLT vs Denali, I would have ensured to get a truck with it in.....unfortunately, it was an impulse buy and not enough research done to make a proper decision, so ultimately my fault.

As an FYI, in my 93 vette, I installed OEM FX3 ride control and LTPWS, so I understand what it takes to make this change and ensure proper wiring is in place to cover all the bases.

TY for the fast response.

Chris

The lightning bolt icon that shows up will only work if you had it before. I added all the wiring in my truck include that indicator icon and it didn’t work. Likely because the BCM is not “enabled” to show that icon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mean to hijack this thread swapping console lids and wiring, but just got my 18 LTZ and it already comes with the wireless pad.  Does it only work with certain phones or is there a certain setup needed to get it to work?  I have an LG android and it didn't seem to do anything when placing it on the mat.

Thanks

If your using an iPhone, it works on the 8 and up.  I believe it's the same on most the android phones as my Samsung Galaxy 8 has it and not the previous version.  

The iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X all support wireless charging, but you can add it to any older model with a Lightning port. Here's how to add wireless charging to the iPhone 7 and older phones. If you buy an iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X, you'll find it supports Qi wireless charging out of the box.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-wirelessly-charge-your-iphone-7 

Android Phones:

• Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S7 Active.
  • LG G7 Thinq.
  • LG V30.
  • Sony Xperia XZ2.
  • Nokia 8 Sirocco.

• 3 weeks later...

Salesman pointed out I have wireless charging although I did not have a phone that supported it. Now that I have a phone that supports wireless charging I have tried and found that I am not getting a charge, and the pad is not big enough for a iPhone XR. I opened up the consol lid and removed the inner cover to find there is no module or wiring, just the pad built into the consol. Next time I buy a car, I will open the hood to make sure the engine is included with the body....

So the work around is a 12v usb plug in pad that sits on top and covers the OEM pad.

Works great with a case on the phone and looks good. $25 on Amazon. 

Wireless Car Charging Pad, ZealSound Qi Car Charger Mat & Phone Holder with Fast USB 3.0 Car Charger Adapter Phone Holder 10W/7.5W/5W Fast Charging Compatible for All Qi Enabled Phones (Black)

by ZealSound

• 2 months later...

I just purchased a 2017 Sierra and the wireless charging doesn't seem to kick in on my Pixel 3.  I have tried moving it around slowly on the pad with no luck.  Also tested with and without the case.

When I look at the compatibility list on the website I see Pixel 3 is not listed.  Is this true?  Will the updated charging kit fix this?

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/static/pageImages/learnAbout/articles/documents/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device.pdf

Edited by smileyman57
added case statement

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, pewterliftedz said:

Found here for $60.94

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-module-pkg-84526978