Wireless charging

29 minutes ago, 8086BRUCE said:

On my 2018 the charging is hit or miss for my Samsung S8. Will this update kit help my 2018 or does it already have it?

Your 18 should already have the updated software and hardware to allow the newer generation wireless charging.

On my 2018 the charging is hit or miss for my Samsung S8. Will this update kit help my 2018 or does it already have it?
It might be an issue with your phone. I have an S8 plus, my wife has an S8. I only changed my rubber tray out for the one that your truck comes with and neither of us have issues. My plus is too big with a case to fit in the tray, so I just pull it off when I want to use the wireless charger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replys. Could be any issue with my phone. It works on my wireless charger at home. It does charge but it comes and goes. 
For me, our S8's need to be pushed as far towards the back seat, as the tray will allow. If I drive down a steep hill, or stop quickly, the phone slides forward a little, and stops charging. You have to wait 3 to 5 seconds before putting it back on the charger. Make sure that's not your issue. Whenever I'm stopping, I rest my hand or elbow on the front of the tray so my phone can't move.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

For me, our S8's need to be pushed as far towards the back seat, as the tray will allow. If I drive down a steep hill, or stop quickly, the phone slides forward a little, and stops charging. You have to wait 3 to 5 seconds before putting it back on the charger. Make sure that's not your issue. Whenever I'm stopping, I rest my hand or elbow on the front of the tray so my phone can't move.

Thanks for the tip. I have always had the phone always slid to the very front of the charger. I'll give it a shot keeping it all the way to the real. 

• Like 1

A gripe that I have with this too! I have my audio rocking when I’m driving. So much that the phone is always forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 8086BRUCE said:

Like other members said we upgraded to what you have in your truck. What you could do is take the top of your center console off and flip the rubber tray were the phone rests while charging. What that will do is put the phone all the way back over the actual charger. That's what I did with mine and my S8 stays charging anywhere it sits even with a case on it.

Edited by Da1daonlySully

10 hours ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

Thanks for the tip. I have always had the phone always slid to the very front of the charger. I'll give it a shot keeping it all the way to the real. 

A gripe that I have with this too! I have my audio rocking when I’m driving. So much that the phone is always forward.

I'm going to try to come up with something that can sit in the tray with the phone. Something to keep it in place

• Like 1

I'm going to try to come up with something that can sit in the tray with the phone. Something to keep it in place

It seems that the 1st gen rubber mat, when rotated 180° may be enough of a stop :). Problem is, is that I replaced with the later model mat. [emoji23]

• Like 1

It seems that the 1st gen rubber mat, when rotated 180° may be enough of a stop [emoji4]. Problem is, is that I replaced with the later model mat. [emoji23]

I'm not sure, there might be either too much space or not enough? If the part with the sticker was smaller, that lip might hold the phone in place? Otherwise, is that space enough to cause the charger to stop working?1d145183783b43d0cfce1e0fb8c20405.jpg