Wireless charging

Swap it out for the 2018 module. Part # 13521066. You’ll either need to repin the connector since it won’t fit the new module or order my Retrofit Harness for $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pgamboa makes life easy lol

• Like 1

Not nearly as fast as a wired charger.  My rate is around 10-12% per hour.

Ugh.. wired, I’ll go from 75% to full charge on my 35 min commute home from work. It’s still a cool feature to have. I may consider it when I upgrade my my phone to an 8 or X. If CarPlay was wireless it’d be a no brainer, but since you have to plug in for CarPlay anyways, I don’t see the need in my circumstance.

• Like 1

I was just told from my parts guy that the 2018 charging mat P/N is 84199943.  The previous charging mat is 23264395.  The new mat is VERY expensive compared to the previous mat.  The new mat lists for $103.52 and previous mat lists for $9.55.  Gmpartsdirect.com has the new mat $67.08 and the old mat at $6.19.  I ended up ordering one to see why it's so expensive so we will see.
Here's a photo of the new mat... no official gm part numbers. Interesting it says "powermat version gm".5e66e5f0146917186784a13d927414bd.jpg6b289c8a8d4dd5cfadff672b2819df07.jpg

Just wanted to weigh in.  Purchased the complete Harness From Pgamboa and the upgraded charge module from GM-Parts.   Simple installation,  works perfect.  iPhone 10 charges with Apple leather case on,  no issues,  using factory standard charge mat.   Phone will charge if I lay it down in either direction.    Great advice,  great products!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wingsaa said:

Here's a photo of the new mat... no official gm part numbers. Interesting it says "powermat version gm".5e66e5f0146917186784a13d927414bd.jpg6b289c8a8d4dd5cfadff672b2819df07.jpg

My parts guy just sent me pics of the mat today.  This is an expensive piece of rubber.  My guess is since they just changed it for 2018 and the body styles for the pickups and SUVs will all be changing in the next couple of years, they need to cover the cost due to a shorter production run.

20180312_091102-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BlkSS said:

My parts guy just sent me pics of the mat today.  This is an expensive piece of rubber.  My guess is since they just changed it for 2018 and the body styles for the pickups and SUVs will all be changing in the next couple of years, they need to cover the cost due to a shorter production run.

20180312_091102-1.jpg

Here's the front. 

20180312_225238.jpg

1 minute ago, wingsaa said:

Okay this is too funny to not post...
Not only is the part ridiculously priced but I looked on gmpartsdirect and they want 50 bucks to ship to Dallas. Pfff...ha!

I know, it's crazy!  That's why I purchased it from my parts guy at Classic in Grapevine.  He's helped me a ton over the years, especially when I lived in the DFW area and he still gives me wholesale due to working at dealerships.  It's usually cheaper for me to buy from him and have the stuff shipped to Kansas than it is for me to purchase from the local GM dealers or online and have it shipped. 

You may try nationalgmparts.com as that's Classic's online parts department. 

I know, it's crazy!  That's why I purchased it from my parts guy at Classic in Grapevine.  He's helped me a ton over the years, especially when I lived in the DFW area and he still gives me wholesale due to working at dealerships.  It's usually cheaper for me to buy from him and have the stuff shipped to Kansas than it is for me to purchase from the local GM dealers or online and have it shipped. 

You may try nationalgmparts.com as that's Classic's online parts department. 
I think I'm just going to wait for now. I just flipped my current mat around and it works fine.

Wireless charging is a cool feature. I have it on my new GMC truck. But after reading this article, I'll stick with wired charging with the 29W USB-C fast charger.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-x8-wireless-charging-will-wear-out-the-battery-faster-than-cable-charging/

zoz

On 3/12/2018 at 11:35 AM, scott.moody.9401 said:

All this rigamarole and run around about swapping and repinning connectors, I have to lol. All you need to do is trim the rib off the stock connector lol27d5af8cd662b2fc4df6f3bc4b3e404b.jpg2f73545d7cf33069e30c404ecef0b6ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I ended up doing. Took less than 5 mins and works flawlessly