Wireless charging

4 hours ago, jhbrennan said:

What tool(s) did you use to cut this?

Just used a regular ole utility knife like this  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-Quick-Change-Retractable-Knife-2-Pack-STHT10274/205074559.  Held it in my hand and slowly trimmed off the plastic. It then plugged right in. My iPhone X and 8 work great.  Get the same charge as my desk pad charger. Verified through the Amperes battery app

On 3/7/2018 at 10:14 AM, pgamboa said:

Holy moly! It’s gotta be the extra ridge. LOL. Let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do I know if my 2018 Sierra SLT has the newer mat?

My iPhone 6s Plus doesn’t even fit in the space or support wireless charging. I am due for an upgrade though...

How do I know if my 2018 Sierra SLT has the newer mat?

My iPhone 6s Plus doesn’t even fit in the space or support wireless charging. I am due for an upgrade though...

Count the # of ridges on your mat. If you count 10, you should have the newer module. You can also remove the cover under the lid.. but I fairly certain a that all 2018s have the newer module. But it’s GM.. so would verify it for myself.

I count 10 or 11 depending on where you start lol. Build date 12/2017. 

25CD5928-D969-456D-8714-8A2E6241A48C.thumb.jpeg.2c007fe43939be345908e92e1e3ed6e8.jpeg

Looks like the 2018 mat. You should have the 2018 module that we are all upgrading to.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the 2018 module and rev2 cord (Thanks Phil!!). Took about 20 minutes and watching the video from Phil before made it super easy.

This was installed on a 2017 Chevy Tahoe and my phone is an iPhone X. Works perfectly

• Like 1

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] I should have bought one of your harnesses.  I was trying to repin the connector and broke one of the electrical pins.  Could you tell me what you purchased to replace one of the pins? Thanks.

Sorry to hear. These pins are very fragile. Without the right crimp tools or extraction tools, this can easily happen.

Send me a PM and will help ya out.

• 5 weeks later...

My turn.......have a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD without wireless charging.....yet

#1 - Will I find a harness in my console or will I splice into the cig lighter for power?

#2 - If I purchase the 2018 charging module... will it mount under my center console lid or do I need a Wireless Charging Console Mount PN (P)012001866AA?

Edited by Sirshopolot
add vergage

My turn.......have a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD without wireless charging.....yet

#1 - Will I find a harness in my console or will I splice into the cig lighter for power?

If your truck came with the factory full center console, it will most likely not have the provisions on the mating side of the connector up front. So even with swapping the center console harness itself may not work. You’re probably better off splicing the the rear cigarette lighter plug.

#2 - If I purchase the 2018 charging module... will it mount under my center console lid or do I need a Wireless Charging Console Mount PN (P)012001866AA?

Not sure on this either. I highly doubt a non-wireless charging lid will have the provisions for the mount. I wonder what would be involved with retrofitting a mount.