Wireless charging

2 hours ago, jhbrennan said:

Wiring harness??

I didn’t buy the harness from Phil, due to my console never having the connector I need to plug into. Like everyone else that has a 2016-Up, so instead I sourced the connector and pins. Used some black and red 22awg wire and made my own harness tapped into the rear 12v outlet since it’s on the rap circuit. I wrapped my harness in Tesa wire loom tape, so way every thing looked oem. 

I didn’t buy the harness from Phil, due to my console never having the connector I need to plug into. Like everyone else that has a 2016-Up, so instead I sourced the connector and pins. Used some black and red 22awg wire and made my own harness tapped into the rear 12v outlet since it’s on the rap circuit. I wrapped my harness in Tesa wire loom tape, so way every thing looked oem. 

Looks good! My connector arrived today. Module will be here Saturday. Going to repin mine ether than wait on the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

No. GM's parts system lists the "big chin" mat for 2018. Obviously, this is not correct! I said screw it, and made my own from two big chin mats. Looks OEM.

where did you cut the mat to do it. Need some details on this!. Also that brushed looks good and matches the axiom finish in my sierra. I aint paying 50.00 for it tho...LOL to hell with that!

Spoiler
31 minutes ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

No. GM's parts system lists the "big chin" mat for 2018. Obviously, this is not correct! I said screw it, and made my own from two big chin mats. Looks OEM.

Does the brushed ring actually match the "axiom" finish (thats what its called if you didnt know low gloss axiom) on the cup holders and the dash or is it different. 

the amount of you guys ripping the consoles apart... anyone finding split wires that would cause a short?? My fuse keeps blowing, really don't care about the wireless charger, might do the mod... but the fuse also controls the power slide rear window and the sunroof!

Digging into my console this week to investigate...  

My fuse blew this weekend.  Where is it and what type?  I pulled the pass side cover off and cant figure it out.  Is it a mini fuse or the j type?  I unplugged my charger today too.  The plug for the charger is on the rear of the center console.

drivers side... #2 it's a 10amp fuse.
I'm thinking there is a problem in the hinge area and the wires are pinched.

On the plastic piece that covers the bottom of the console, there is a hook near the hinges to hold the wires and keep them from pinching. Make sure you hook the wire in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk