Tear in All-Terrain seat not being covered by Warranty

So I took my 2014 All-Terrain in for some warranty work (I have less than 30k on the odometer).

I noticed 2 small tears in the seat cover where the stitching is. I think it should be covered under warranty but the dealer does not agree. The tear starts where the thread goes through the vinyl, yes it's on the bolster where there would be normal wear but it shouldn't fail that quickly.

Here is the area in question:

post-134134-0-04283900-1493238988_thumb.jpg

Better picture at https://i.imgur.com/wKU5nc9.jpg

Has anyone else had this kind of failure? Should I try another dealer that might actually care?. To put it in perspective of how crappy this is, my wife's 2004 4-runner with over 100K miles had the dash replaced under warranty a few weeks ago because the cover cracked. That's proper customer service.

Edited by GMD's GMC

i have not, but i worry about that happening to mine.... i have the same truck just 2016... and getting in and out, i wear on that spot..

sucks.. you got an extended warranty?.. maybe that covers it...

So I took my 2014 All-Terrain in for some warranty work (I have less than 30k on the odometer).

I noticed 2 small tears in the seat cover where the stitching is. I think it should be covered under warranty but the dealer does not agree. The tear starts where the thread goes through the vinyl, yes it's on the bolster where there would be normal wear but it shouldn't fail that quickly.

Here is the area in question:

attachicon.gifwKU5nc9.jpg

Better picture at https://i.imgur.com/wKU5nc9.jpg

Has anyone else had this kind of failure? Should I try another dealer that might actually care?. To put it in perspective of how crappy this is, my wife's 2004 4-runner with over 100K miles had the dash replaced under warranty a few weeks ago because the cover cracked. That's proper customer service.

Wonder if that carbon fiber look fabric is even leather........ I like the red stitching - but they can have that fabric.......

You can try another dealer but that looks to be wear and tear if it did not come that way from the factory.

It is wear and tear but premature wear and tear if the truck is still under warranty. I'd take it to a different dealer and get the seat cover replaced.

• Like 2

No extended warranty. I'm under the 3 year 36k miles bumper to bumper so I think it should be covered. I care because I spent a lot of money on this and I would expect it to last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 2