Vanity Plates

SilveradoSaver

Was wondering how many of you have vanity license plates on your truck? If you do, post 'em up!

Or if you've seen some good ones on other people vehicles, share them here as well.

Considering getting some for my truck but not sure what yet.

What choices are available to you in your province? British Columbia introduced three new BC Parks plates this year. I chose this version:

I'm also in BC. I saw these ones and checked them out at my local insurance place. I like the options, but prefer to have a plate with a saying on it. The insurance guy was saying that ICBC is looking at other "charity" plates soon, similar to the BC Parks ones, where part of the proceeds would go to whatever charity the plate is for. Interested in seeing what options come up from that.

What choices are available to you in your province? British Columbia introduced three new BC Parks plates this year. I chose this version:

I'm in BC as well. Almost sprung for the new plates but my wife is already choked at how much I spent on the truck that even another 50 bucks would set her off... lol... we support the parks by going there all summer long! Those plates customized would be pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't mind what others do, but the state already gets too much from me regarding plates, I am not going to spend a dime more for vanity plates. I understand why folks do it, and that's cool. I already pay as much in various taxes in a year that is almost the equivalent of what the median annual income is in my state. Out of principle, I am not going to voluntarily give the state one dime more than I already am.

I don't mind what others do, but the state already gets too much from me regarding plates, I am not going to spend a dime more for vanity plates. I understand why folks do it, and that's cool. I already pay as much in taxes in a year that is almost the equivalent of what the median annual income is in my state. Out of principle, I am not going to voluntarily give the state one dime more than I already am.

I hear ya. I do think there should be an initial fee, for administration and making of the plates, but to renew every year I think is kind of silly. That being said, many people do it and I'm not opposed to it. I just think that first admin fee should be enough though.

I like vanity plates when the profits are used to fund a specific and worthy cause that I want to support. I wouldn't pay extra for a set if the money was going into general government revenue.

I don't mind what others do, but the state already gets too much from me regarding plates, I am not going to spend a dime more for vanity plates. I understand why folks do it, and that's cool. I already pay as much in various taxes in a year that is almost the equivalent of what the median annual income is in my state. Out of principle, I am not going to voluntarily give the state one dime more than I already am.

I never got one either.

my dad's trucking fuel tax is more than an E-9 in the military salary.

I followed directions to finally get a veterans plate after 20 years disabled.

I not only got it for free.. they hunted down my truck through my name, registered it for me with new stickers.

Those plates are not to be confused for vanity.

Exactly what I was going to post, you beat me to it. lol

Linked rant:

I'm fed up with highway tax revenue going to building bicycle trails. Tax the bicyclists, they are much safer on their own path versus "sharing the road". Just because a person is on a bicycle does not entitle them to swerve all over half a lane on a road where the speed limit is 55 mph or higher.

Yeah, I can empathize with that comment. I pay ballpark $18,000 a year for the privilege of driving on the roads in fuel taxes, license fees, federal highway use tax, etc. For one vehicle, my commercial truck. It is tough to watch them spend that money on teapot museums in South Carolina. Yes, a few years ago, $200,000 was used from the highway budget to fund a tea pot museum. And of course, bicycle paths and walking trails and touchy feely warm fuzzy beautification projects along roads while I bust shocks on the roads themselves.

Darn it! You got me started! Best shut up now.

Yeah, I can empathize with that comment. I pay ballpark $18,000 a year for the privilege of driving on the roads in fuel taxes, license fees, federal highway use tax, etc. For one vehicle, my commercial truck. It is tough to watch them spend that money on teapot museums in South Carolina. Yes, a few years ago, $200,000 was used from the highway budget to fund a tea pot museum. And of course, bicycle paths and walking trails and touchy feely warm fuzzy beautification projects along roads while I bust shocks on the roads themselves.

Darn it! You got me started! Best shut up now.

Whenever a big project has to happen.. like a bridge falling down,

money is always there.. no doubting it.

seems any tax has some kinda write off loops.

1 owner operator can write off a brand new pickup truck.

I'd pay for vanity, unusual vehicle.. lots of groups too, they got plates you can support.

I just never bothered. Not my realm.

I do have an odd ten geared subaru with french wheels, and one of none build..

I draw a blank on what to give it for vanity plates.

Archived