Opinions on Wheel/Tire plan?

Hey guys, I can't decided what tires and wheels I get for my '14 Chevy Silverado CC LTZ 6.2L. So far, my plan is to purchase a 2" RC leveling kit. I plan on getting 305/50/20s, but I don't have too big of a selection of tires. I wanna get 305/55/20s. but I'm afraid of the gearing ratio, I have, 3.08s. Its gonna drink the gas. I'm eventually regear to 3.73s and get it tuned by BlackBear.

If I stay with the 305/50/20s, I'll plan on getting the Cooper Zeon LTZs. I had this setup on my '07 before I lifted it up, The pic in my sig. (Yeah I need to update it, I know).

On my wheels, I thought about getting the Fuel Flows, Fuel Savages, XD Recoils or The Standard, Machined from Methods wheels. My truck is also black. Gonna colormatch the door handles and mirror caps to gloss black also. Just don't want my wheels to stick out a lot.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/user/71371-stinsan3/

http://www.fueloffroad.com/flow-6-d587-w-30561.htm

http://www.fueloffroad.com/savage-d563-w-19718.htm

http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheel/39945/xd833-recoil

https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/the-standard-machine

What do you guys think? Opinions and suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

your probly only adding 8-10lbs per wheel I wouldn't think that would call for a regear or even hurt mpg much? but im talking out my ass ive only put bigger tires/wheels on my diesels.

I can't decide to do the 305/50 setup for get 305/55s.

If I get the 305/55s, I'm either gonna get Toyo Mts, RTs, or AT2s.

Just don't wanna take a huge hit in MPG.

I don't think the 305/55/20 will hurt you too much, especially with the 6.2L. The 3.08 gears paired with the 6 speed trans is more similar to the 3.42 gears in the 4 speed of years back. It really isn't that low of a gear range so it should turn those bigger tires pretty well.

As far as wheels go, the XD Buck 25 in gloss black is my favorite wheel at the moment. Bad part is that wheel only comes in a 20x9 with a 0 offset.

I don't think the 305/55/20 will hurt you too much, especially with the 6.2L. The 3.08 gears paired with the 6 speed trans is more similar to the 3.42 gears in the 4 speed of years back. It really isn't that low of a gear range so it should turn those bigger tires pretty well.

As far as wheels go, the XD Buck 25 in gloss black is my favorite wheel at the moment. Bad part is that wheel only comes in a 20x9 with a 0 offset.

Hmm, I never did think about it that way. I know my '07 had the 3.73s in it, but it was a 4 spd. You think Toyo RTs in 33s, would be too heavy?

Those XD Bucks look pretty good! I just don't wanna kill my mpg

Stin if you have a 2014 6.2 you either have 3.42 gears or 3.73 if it has the NHT Max Tow package. On my old 14 All Terrain 6.2 I had 295/55/20 Toyo AT2. Current 15 All Terrain has the 33x12.5's Toyo RT and runs just fine IMO.

Hmm, I never did think about it that way. I know my '07 had the 3.73s in it, but it was a 4 spd. You think Toyo RTs in 33s, would be too heavy?

Those XD Bucks look pretty good! I just don't wanna kill my mpg

You could also look at the 295/55/20 as well. Real darn close the the dimensions of the 305/55/20 but a hair less weight. For example, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is 63 pounds. I've seen those in person and they look awesome.

Stin if you have a 2014 6.2 you either have 3.42 gears or 3.73 if it has the NHT Max Tow package. On my old 14 All Terrain 6.2 I had 295/55/20 Toyo AT2. Current 15 All Terrain has the 33x12.5's Toyo RT and runs just fine IMO.

I wish I had 3.73s or 3.42s at least. But, I'm pretty sure I have the 3.08s. I have the Max Tow package on mine, but I still have the Tow/Haul button it. How do you like your RTs? Better then your AT2s?

You could also look at the 295/55/20 as well. Real darn close the the dimensions of the 305/55/20 but a hair less weight. For example, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is 63 pounds. I've seen those in person and they look awesome.

Yeah I was thinking about that earlier, I can't decide on the life of me what to do. One part says to get the 305/50s and just roll with the Cooper Zeon LTZs OR get some 33s like the RTS, the new Ridge Grapplers do look badass!

I think your over analyzing. No regear needed ( and you can always do that later). MPG's won't be bothered much with the small changes your making (1-2 tops?) If MPG's are your top priority, I'd keep it stock (maybe get an eco tune).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stin 2014 6.2 trucks came either with 3.42 or 3.73 gears and to my knowledge were not available with 3.08's. Check inside your glovebox and look at the option codes located on a sticker. GT4= 3.73, GU6= 3.42 gears. The RTs are stouter looking and make the truck look beefier than the AT2. Mileage wise they are down about 1.5mpg in comparison and are noisier. I personally would not go with 305/50 as they are about .1 inch taller than the OE 275's and will leave alot of wheelwell gap as a result. Just an FYI if you have 3.08 gears GU4 will be the option code.

• 2 months later...

Stin 2014 6.2 trucks came either with 3.42 or 3.73 gears and to my knowledge were not available with 3.08's. Check inside your glovebox and look at the option codes located on a sticker. GT4= 3.73, GU6= 3.42 gears. The RTs are stouter looking and make the truck look beefier than the AT2. Mileage wise they are down about 1.5mpg in comparison and are noisier. I personally would not go with 305/50 as they are about .1 inch taller than the OE 275's and will leave alot of wheelwell gap as a result. Just an FYI if you have 3.08 gears GU4 will be the option code.

Well, I finally thought of looking into my glove box and decided to look at the RPO Codes. So, do I have the 3.73s? Bc when I bought my truck, the ad online said 3.08s. So, I always thought it had it.

So, what do I have? Sorry. lol 6fc773e3d3974eb2b3520b2a7af42128.jpg

For wheels, I wouldn't buy anything with a lip that traps water, gravel, mud in there, like the Fuel and other similar designs. I have Fuel wheels and hate that characteristic.

Alright you got the "Big Dog" 6.2 Max Tow package! NHT option code clearly visible.

Man, when I saw that last night, I was so relieved! I'm gonna get the Toyo RTs in 295/55s or 305/55s for sure now. Or maybe Toyo AT2s. Thought about doing just a street setup. But, that's out of the water now, especially where I live.

Archived