Professional Ceramic Coating

I was looking for a place to do some detailing on my '15 Silverado and found they do a ceramic coating that will last 4+ years. Has anyone done anything like this before? Pro's./Con's? Would you do it again? It's kind of pricey, but from what I was told, read up on, it's the best thing since sliced bread and better than wax, as it's the next in evolution.

Thanks.

What brand is it? Ceramic coatings is where the detailing game is now. When I get a new truck (2019?) I plan to coat mine. As of now the adams kit is pretty DIY friendly. I have a detailing friend who does this quite a bit and has come out looking and lasting great each time.

What brand is it? Ceramic coatings is where the detailing game is now. When I get a new truck (2019?) I plan to coat mine. As of now the adams kit is pretty DIY friendly. I have a detailing friend who does this quite a bit and has come out looking and lasting great each time.

It's I Green Lovers (IGL) Kenso Ceramic Coating. Apparently you can get it for the painted area's, the windshield and the tires/rims. I've gotta research the !%@$# out of it before, so I don't ruin it, but it sounds really awesome. I like the idea of not having to wax and just using water pressure without any soap to keep clean, along with the hardening properties it has.

Are they going to clay and polish before applying? I would even on a new vehicle get it to the best possible finish before applying

Are they going to clay and polish before applying? I would even on a new vehicle get it to the best possible finish before applying

Yes, they are going to do the color correction by buffing to remove scratches, swirls, micro marring and wax residue, plus touch up chips before applying the coating.

Know a fella that did it to his truck and it looks like a continuous deep wet finish, can't be beat. He told me it cost about 4gs and lasts about 3yrs. My question though, can I just treat the current paint every couple years or so for about half the price and be just as well off?

unfortunately the Adams ceramic wheel coating is crap, and that's coming from a HUGE Adams fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unfortunately the Adams ceramic wheel coating is crap, and that's coming from a HUGE Adams fan.

What is your issue? I have my camaro wheels coated and it is working well

6db13f92bb11cf62a8bee7408977ce30.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is your issue? I have my camaro wheels coated and it is working well

6db13f92bb11cf62a8bee7408977ce30.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

within a month the coating was almost completely penetrated and my wheels were no longer repelling water. Adams handled it excellently and issued a credit and a $75 gift card for my trouble. Another forum guy started having the same issues as me in the same time frame.

If I coat the wheels again I'll try C Quartz, which I haven't seen any complaints from

• 1 month later...

The DIY stuff doesn't last nearly as long as the professional grade. Exactly why I don't know. Perhaps the DIY'er won't take the time do do the surface prep correctly?

I looked into having it done locally (central IL). $1700 + $300 a year to re-coat.

I've got cquartz U.K. On my wifes 4Runner that's still going strong after 3 years. It's also on my truck and has been for two years. I don't know that you could ask for much more than that. Just don't use the U.K. Version when it's hot and humid. It's will flash extremely fast

I've got cquartz U.K. On my wifes 4Runner that's still going strong after 3 years. It's also on my truck and has been for two years. I don't know that you could ask for much more than that. Just don't use the U.K. Version when it's hot and humid. It's will flash extremely fast

What did it cost to have done?

I did them myself. I do paint corrections, coatings and such on the side. My truck is kept meticulous so I'm thinking I'll get at least five years out of it. My wife's is a daily driver. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has but it still sheds water like crazy. I don't do anything special with it as far as maintenance. It gets washed maybe once a month and that's it.

• 3 weeks later...

Where could I get this [emoji1312]for my GMC?

Archived