Aftermarket foldable bed cover

Looking into a foldable bed cover. Hearing issues about factory spray on liner not allowing good seals where bed meets the cab, allowIng water to get in. If anyone has info on this I'd appreciate it. Looking into the backflip mx2 cover.

My TonnoPro Soft Tri-Fold is 99% water tight, and would probably be 100% if I installed the seal on my tailgate that they send, but I don't want to add it. Only leaks on the passenger rear corner. I also have a spray in liner with no problems.

I have a factory spray on bedliner and a bakflip g2 and pretty much no water gets in and it's been monsooning in Florida. Also, the truck is leveled and that hasn't effected the water drainage system on the rails. Only had my bakflip for a few months but it works and looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The joint between the tailgate and bed sides is not 100% waterproof, so no matter what cover you use, a little water can get in. But generally even that stays dry.

I have the Extang Signature tri-fold and did install the tailgate seal. Any rain/weather event leaves entire bed cavity 100% dry. When I go through the carwash I use, some water gets in but only at the absolute rear near the tailgate. That's likely from the sideways pressure spray, possibly impacted somewhat by the rolling brush.

We don't experience that phenomenon in nature, or if we did, getting your suitcase wet would be WAAAY down your priority list.

Funny - I have exactly what Silverado Steve posted above..... 2017 Denali crew cab - Did not come with factory spray in. I went with LINE-X (It was a little more expensive then the other aftermarket spray in) to be honest I use my truck "as a truck" less than 20% of the time so it was probably a bit overkill. I was told it was the best so that is why I went with hit. I also have the Undercover FLEX trip-fold top. Very nice top that I have had no issues with. Just remember to pop out the drainage holes and place the flex tubes from the cover in them. - I also agree with the statement that non of the fold tops will be 100 waterproof.

I bought a Tyger tri-fold tonneau cover for $215 off of Amazon and I love it. Looks sharp, are it keeps the bed dry. Just as good as the $800+ covers the dealer sells

+1 for the Undercover Flex. Have had one on with the factory spray-in liner for about 6 months. No issues thus far. As others have said, not 100% watertight where the tailgate meets the rest of the body. But water intrusion is minimal. Drove through a heavy thunderstorm on the way to Florida last month with all of our luggage in the bed. Completely dry when we arrived.

Bakflip mx4 is absolutly waterproof on my spray bed liner. Only place alittle water gets in is between the cracks of the tailgate on the sides which has nothing to do with the cover.Usually only happens when I am washing the truck

I got mine for $705 delivered which is the cheapest I have seen anywhere

Archived